cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone connected to WiFi but no internet

sfw
Hooked

Phone connected to WiFi but no internet

Hello. As of this morning my phone is showing "no internet" when connected to WiFi. Other devices on the wi-fi are fine, including my laptop and an older phone I tried.

Additionally, my TV is showing Ethernet not connected.

Furthermore, I cannot access the OnePlus website from any device otherwise successfully connected to WiFi. I'm only able to post this over mobile data from my phone.

These issues all began this morning. I've run through just about every troubleshooting guide I can find, checking settings, clearing caches, rebooting devices etc etc, but to no avail.

Can you help?
3 REPLIES 3
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Phone connected to WiFi but no internet

If you have a router that isn't PN's HUB ONE, you could try putting in alternative DNS settings eg google's;
Alternatively delete existing wifi pairing on phone, and start afresh.
sfw
Hooked

Thank you. Unfortunately I'm on the Hub One and the DNS settings appear to be fixed.

Although PlusNet's status page shows no issues, I tried calling them and there's a recorded message saying they are aware of problems connecting to the internet and they are working on them. DownDetector also shows significant issues currently. Be nice if PlusNet could update their status page before I spent hours troubleshooting 🙈 https://downdetector.co.uk/status/plusnet/
sfw
Hooked

My issue has now resolved itself across all devices.