Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Line fault/disconnected

FIXED
viper209
Hooked

Phone Line fault/disconnected

Hi, for the last 36 hours my phone line (and consequently broadband has been disconnected). I can't find a way to log this online (at this time of night) - can anyone here help me please?

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Phone Line fault/disconnected

I’d recommend testing your line here: https://www.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter as that’ll report a fault automatically to Openreach if it detects a problem that’s external to your property.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
viper209
Hooked

thanks so much for your quick response - I did try that before I posted here - I get this (very helpful!)  error after running the checker:

The result of your line check is unclear.

Please wait a while and try the test again.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Are there any recent, open tickets when you click on the link below?
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
viper209
Hooked

no  - nothing open:

Open Questions

You currently have no open questions

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix
It’s possible that the line test either didn’t find a problem, or found a fault that requires an appointment to your property. If you haven’t already can you run through the troubleshooting here: https://www.plus.net/help/phone/phone-line-troubleshooting/

Failing that I’ll take a look at things when I’m back in the office tomorrow.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
viper209
Hooked

thanks - have tried the troubleshooting there. The problem is PICNIC not with the line.

I've got my own Draytek modem which has 4G failover (which I also use when I'm annoyed at the speed of my ADSL) - I went to unplug to check the line again and have realised that i've plugged the RJ11 into the damn ethernet WAN RJ45 socket - this (was obviously stupidity from me) and was doing something to the line.

anyway, plug now in the correct hole and problem solved.

thanks for responding so quickly.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sounds like that may have caused a loop condition, which is basically a short circuit. No problems, glad to hear that’s cleared up and it’s all sorted for you. Smiley
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet