cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone/Broadband reliability issue

MickGardner
Dabbler

Phone/Broadband reliability issue

My phone line is occasionally crackly & on these occasions I lose internet connection. I've plugged a known good corded phone into the master socket & it's still crackly so it tells me that the fault is on the line rather than our home wiring/equipment.
I've tried ringing but the hold times are interminable, online chat told me to test the line (I had but it failed) but then the chat thread died. A further line test told me there was no problem but it's an intermittent fault so sometimes it's there & sometimes not.
This has been going on for weeks & I'm getting nowhere.
The best answer is for me to find an ISP that actually believes in customer support. PlusNetused to be good but now you're no better than any of the others but perhaps a new ISP might actually be keen to help in order to get my business.
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Phone/Broadband reliability issue

Hi Mick,
A warm welcome tot he forums.
The problem with "occasional" or intermittent faults is that they are hard to locate and when not manifest (present) might be near impossible to fix.
You can report a phone line fault using the link below.  You can do this from any internet connection.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Phone/Broadband reliability issue

I'm sorry to hear your having issues with your phone line. Unfortunately our testing isn't showing any issues so we'd need to arrange a appointment.
If you use the link Townman has provided you can raise it using our phone troubleshooter rather then using online chat or calling in.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team