Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pffff, same old song. Help please!

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Pffff, same old song. Help please!

Hi there,
I can see Andy has arranged for a broadband engineer to visit for this issue.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ThereWeGoAgain
Grafter

Yes, Andy did arrange an engineer to visit, not for the morning, but for the afternoon (1PM-6PM).
By the way, I have not yet heard anything from the engineer. Can you confirm that the engineer will visit today?
Wrighty11
Grafter

Hi there,
Ive checked into your fault and I can confirm that you do have an engineer assigned to visit today between 1pm-6pm.
ThereWeGoAgain
Grafter

Still no engineer has come to my flat.
Could you please contact them and give me a ring.
This broadband have been back up and running by last Friday. Then it became Monday. Yesterday I was told that somebody would turn up Tuesday morning, which was later changed to Tuesday afternoon. Now it is already Tuesday evening and I still have not seen anybody.
I have now wasted two days at home and still I do not have broadband.
I understand that things may go wrong, but can you please keep to your promises and get this fixed.
Please contact me today to inform me when the engineer will visit.
ThereWeGoAgain
Grafter

By the way, as, thanks to Plusnet, my broadband is still not up and running, please contact me via my mobile.
ThereWeGoAgain
Grafter

Frustration Galore: no Broadband and Plusnet nowhere to be found!

Where is Plusnet's 24/7 customer service?
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Frustration Galore: no Broadband and Plusnet nowhere to be found!

Do you really believe that multiple postings on the same subject are going to achieve your objectives faster than a more reasoned approach?
JayG (member, not moderator, not 'expert', not PlusNet staff - yes I'm sure you are fed up, but so am I with your 'blitzkrieg' tactics!)
ThereWeGoAgain
Grafter

I am at wits end.
Any advice?
ThereWeGoAgain
Grafter

Just a quick update for my fellow forum members, whose frustration of this affair by now might have reached levels to too dissimilar to my own.
Although I would not recommend my modus operandi of spamming the forum, I have managed to get in touch with Plusnet and get an update on the issue. And that is the best result I have had in weeks. Hurrah!
Unfortunately the answer was of course a disappointment. Apparently, whilst I was waiting in my flat the entire day, an engineer visited and, the expert that he was, investigated the issue with my Broadband without entering my apartment. He immediately saw that the issue was so complex that he needed to return the next day. The engineer informed Plusnet of this at 16.02, but nobody at Plusnet felt obliged to inform me, not even when I contacted them at 17.00 and despite they having assured me they would, thereby assuring that I waited in my flat in vain for another good two hours.
The result of my odyssey so far: no broadband for 11 days and counting; one business trip abroad cancelled and two days lost by waiting in vain in my flat due to Plusnet's failure to communicate effectively and their unilaterally rescheduling appointments.
If I had nerve I would ask openly whether the Plusnet reps are simply Sadists who have become so frustrated at the disfunctionning of Plusnet that they have resorted to taking pleasure in at least sharing their emotions with customers, but I do not have the nerves to place such a question on the forum and so I will not.
Thank God for BT hotspot vouchers. If it weren't for BT I could not get in touch with Plusnet to ask why my broadband has not been working for 11 days. If those guys from BT would get into broadband, I know what I'd do.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

Not really sure what you are trying to say here.
BT Openreach own and fix the same wires used by all ISPs, including BT Retail, who offer the same Broadband service as PlusNET differently packaged.
All that PlusNET can do is to request BTOR service and wait until they do it.  Generally PlusNET cannot see what engineers have done until at least 2 hours after the appointment slot.  If an engineer has attended, it would not be unreasonable to have expected that they would have informed the end user.  If PlusNET did a call back on every engineer visit to say the engineer had been and left, they'd have no one left to answer the phones.
Yes your service has been grim, but the cause of that is substantially down to how BTOR perform (or don't).  They are extremely poor about keeping people informed about what they are doing. - bothe their customers and the end user.  At this juncture I would recommend a letter direct to Andy Baker - PlusNET CEO and ask what is being done by PlusNET to ensure that their supplier achived a quantum step improvement in performance.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ThereWeGoAgain
Grafter

Hi Townman (you undercover Plusnet employee!),
It is quite fine that you respond to this listing, but you misreading of the affair only adds to the confusion.
You do not seem to understand the issue at hand.
I have said that I understand things may go wrong, but this affair has been unnecessarily drawn out due to ineffective communication by Plusnet and by Plusnet not keeping their promises, as a result of which I have wasted two days at home waiting for an engineer, who did or did not show up and, who most likely did not even need access to my flat.
Plusnet should give one time slot for a visit, indicate whether the engineer needs access to my flat or not, and keep top this, or inform me timely.
Plusnet does not do this. Plusnet give one time slot, then changes this without notifying me, does not indicate whether the engineer needs access to my flat or not. Furthermore, the engineer does not show up at the revised time, leaving me out to dry.
So yes, BTOR may make mistakes and Plusnet make mistakes, but this miscommunication is solely the fault of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

Hi TWGA,
Again, no I do not work for PlusNet, under-cover or otherwise - if I did I could not get away with being so critical for the invisibility of their CEO sorting out with BTw / BTOR their abysmal  service towards end users such as yourself.  If I did work for PN, I'd be chasing your issue for you, rather than helping to explain how the world is (rather than how we all think it should be) to you here.
I think you are missing the point - or not wanting to accept the point - that after PlusNet place the request for and engineer with BTOR they have ZERO control over what then happens.  For many reasons a BTOR engineer might not turn up when planned...
- Sickness
- Other emergency / priority repairs
- A prior job taking longer than planned
- The engineer could not find the premises  Shocked
- The engineer simply did not bother to turn up - or claimed they did and you were out
These things happen.  PlusNet has no direct access / communication route to engineers.  Indeed all of PN's communication to BTw / BTOR is via an Indian call centre.  Fault reports are not updated by engineers until the end of their shifts and that information becomes available to ISPs sometime thereafter.
I understand the frustration in you not receiving an update call when promised, however, if there is no change to the situation you are aware of already, there is nothing to update you with, so a no call might be understandable, albeit not what meeting what you were expecting.  A call saying no change is not an update call, as there is no progress to report, until a plan (new appointment) is made available by BTOR.
I do hope that this is soon resolved.
...in the meantime, I await BTOR having the common decency to update my client's order (survey) so that PlusNet and I can arrange the installation date.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ThereWeGoAgain
Grafter

UPDATE:
hi guys, for all of you sharing my frustration at Plusnet's disgraceful customer "service", here is a quick update:
As you all know an engineer must visit my flat to fix my issue with the broadband. This should have happened on Friday 12 June. Due Plusnet failure to communicate with me, all slots were taken by the time I was informed and the visit was postponed until after the weekend. This forced me to cancel a business trip abroad.
On Monday engineers stayed over for fout and a half hours. They checked and replaced lines, but broadband was still down. They advised me to contact the provider, which is Plusnet.
AndyT arranged a engineer visit for Tuesday morning and to accommodate the engineer, I cleared my schedule for Tuesday morning. Late Monday evening, I was informed that Plusnet had rescheduled the visit to Tuesday afternoon, without informing me. Therefore, I had cleared my schedule for Tuesday morning for nothing, and yet again had to clear my schedule for the afternoon.
On Tuesday, no engineer showed up. Plusnet insists that an engineer did show up, but they simply had not contacted me because they no longer needed access to my flat. In other words, I have cleared my morning and my afternoon schedule for nothing, as the engineer did not needs access anyway. If I would have been informed of this, it would have saved a lot of fuss and frustration.
On the bright side, I was told by Plusnet, an engineer would visit me on Wednesday (today) and I need not be home because he would not require access to my flat.
Happy that I could finally get some work doen, this morning I set off to a cafe with internet connection.
Guess what happened?
At 12:30 I was phoned by a BT engineer, who stood outside my flat and needed access to my apartment.
I as was not home I could not grant this. I sped home as fast as I could, but when I arrived, naturally the BT engineer had already left. Thanks Plusnet, after 12 days I still do not have broadband and thanks to your ineffective communication I have had to cancel one business meeting and I have lost three days!
@ Plusnet:
Please get an BT engineer over here as soon as possible.
Please update me, via phone of course because my Plusnet broadband is still not up and running.
If my broadband is not up and running today, or you fail to update me I will contact the Plusnet CEO Andy Baker, whose e-mail address a fellow forum member, with an equally frustrating experience with Plusnet, was so kind as to post.
Action please!
ThereWeGoAgain
Grafter

UPDATE:
hi guys, for all of you sharing my frustration at Plusnet's disgraceful customer "service", here is a quick update:
As you all know an engineer must visit my flat to fix my issue with the broadband. This should have happened on Friday 12 June. Due Plusnet failure to communicate with me, all slots were taken by the time I was informed and the visit was postponed until after the weekend. This forced me to cancel a business trip abroad.
On Monday engineers stayed over for fout and a half hours. They checked and replaced lines, but broadband was still down. They advised me to contact the provider, which is Plusnet.
AndyT arranged a engineer visit for Tuesday morning and to accommodate the engineer, I cleared my schedule for Tuesday morning. Late Monday evening, I was informed that Plusnet had rescheduled the visit to Tuesday afternoon, without informing me. Therefore, I had cleared my schedule for Tuesday morning for nothing, and yet again had to clear my schedule for the afternoon.
On Tuesday, no engineer showed up. Plusnet insists that an engineer did show up, but they simply had not contacted me because they no longer needed access to my flat. In other words, I have cleared my morning and my afternoon schedule for nothing, as the engineer did not needs access anyway. If I would have been informed of this, it would have saved a lot of fuss and frustration.
On the bright side, I was told by Plusnet, an engineer would visit me on Wednesday (today) and I need not be home because he would not require access to my flat.
Happy that I could finally get some work doen, this morning I set off to a cafe with internet connection.
Guess what happened?
At 12:30 I was phoned by a BT engineer, who stood outside my flat and needed access to my apartment.
I as was not home I could not grant this. I sped home as fast as I could, but when I arrived, naturally the BT engineer had already left. Thanks Plusnet, after 12 days I still do not have broadband and thanks to your ineffective communication I have had to cancel one business meeting and I have lost three days!
@ Plusnet:
Please get an BT engineer over here as soon as possible.
Please update me, via phone of course because my Plusnet broadband is still not up and running.
If my broadband is not up and running today, or you fail to update me I will contact the Plusnet CEO Andy Baker, whose e-mail address a fellow forum member, with an equally frustrating experience with Plusnet, was so kind as to post.
Action please!
ThereWeGoAgain
Grafter

I had a bright idea just now and I phoned BT directly, circumventing Plusnet altogether.
Guess what?
Within 30 minutes an engineer was at my door.
He has just left and he informed me that I need to get in touch with my provider.
I quote: "the line is perfect"
The engineer also said that probably your router is faulty. He had expected you to know this and to have sent me a new router already. Why could you not have anticipated this?
Please swing into action and get this resolved today.
I am afraid to have to add that I have reached the end of my patience. If my broadband is not up and running by today, I will send a lengthy e-mail to the Plusnet CEO Andy Baker, in which I set out the whole issue, all the mistakes that Plusnet has made and all the Plusnet people that have messed up.
Please ring me as soon as you read this to inform me what you will do and how you will resolve this.