cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pathetically slow (<1kbs broadband), cannot find how to even register problem on website

garethwarren

Pathetically slow (<1kbs broadband), cannot find how to even register problem on website

I've had non-existent broadband now for several months, my last support ticket got timed out since I was ill and in hospital (despite sending a message that I would be unable to reply for an indeterminate time).

So far I have tried everything, a different router, using the test socket, using different filters, different Ethernet cables.

Sometimes I get okay speeds (1-2 mb/s) but most of the time its hard to register any broadband at all, hence had to use my Vodafone internet (which has been great!  best money I've spent in a long time, and the one time I needed any support, during setup, I got to speak to a genuine real human being).

So is there anything else I can try?  The last message I got before they closed the ticket was that they would send an engineer out, but only while I was at work and if they found I was at fault I would be charged for the service 60 pounds (I notice though that they did not offer to pay me if Plusnet were at fault, its a one way deal for sure!).

As you might guess I've been totally browned off by the crappy service, so blowing off some steam, guessing the real relief will come when the 12 month contract ends in April though.

1 REPLY 1
garethwarren

Re: Pathetically slow (<1kbs broadband), cannot find how to even register problem on website

Just to clarify, when I click on "contact us" I just get a webchat (currently 32 in queue...) or phone us option, no way to email anymore.