Did you mean: 

Pathetic Speed

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Pathetic Speed

Pathetic speed,

Date          Download Speed Upload Speed
Today 20:58 528 kbps (66kB/s) 879 kbps (110kB/s)

despite this..

Posted: Wed, Jul 11 2012 at 17:10:22
Subject: Slow Speeds/Data Transfer issues (72041) - UPDATE
This is an update to this afternoon's post regarding slow speeds or customers being unable to load certain websites.
Our engineers have identified the cause of the issue to be a malfunctioning hostlink which has now been removed from service.
All affected users should now find that their services are back to normal.

and despite doing two reboots of the router  ... one about 20:00 which reduced my speed to 6bits.....YES !  6 bits and again at about 20:45
Normally I "enjoy" just under 6Mb and indeed the BT speedtester at 2000 ish, gave the sync speed at just over 6220
Router stats is showing between 2 and 3db downstream noise level and (since I have done two reboots) now showing sync speed between 5970 and  6004
Any comment from the PlusNet team on why I am not "back to normal"... as they state in their broadband status update and email  ?
7 REPLIES 7
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Pathetic Speed

What does your Current Line speed say?
Grff
Grafter

I'm suspecting things aren't back to normal. My usual speed of 4.5 mb is down to 0.1.
Syncing and profile are fine, just through put seems rubbish.
So it looks like you and me are both still having problems despite a few router reboots.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I just ran some basic checks for you shutter and honestly can't see any obvious issues relating to your line or service.
Let us know if things are no better for you today.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
georgejoannou

I have had the same problem . Yesterday I reported problem of slow connection speed of only 0.25mb. By the evening Plusnet had sorted it out as per their posting on Service Status.  My        speed was back to over 3.4mb, best ever.
Sadly next day (12th) dropped back to 0.25mb.  Have reported problem and shall await posting.  Before anyone comments - yes I have plugged router into the back of the master socket.  Anyone got any news?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@georgejoannou
Sorry to hear that,
I've run some tests on your service, both against the actual phone service and more specifically to broadband. I can't see any line issues at all but I can see that a low sync event has capped the line rate at 435kbps. I've submitted an SNR reset which should remedy that but do let us know if this happens again as we'd need to dig a little deeper next time.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
georgejoannou

Plusnet took immediate action and manually  updated my line profile.  Completely resolved problem. Speed now has never been this high. Best I have had  was 3.4mb now almost 5.0mb.  Customer response can't be faulted and they comunicate promptly via texting and email. 
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You need to keep it in the test socket for a number of days and make sure you are not getting problems before putting it back to normal. That way if you start to get problems you know you have an internal problem.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)