Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password and user name

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Password and user name

Why on occasion does plusnet ask me for my password and user name even though I am already logged in automatically?.
This seems to happen when I shift to another web site.

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Re: Password and user name

Hi Minivanman,
Welcome to the forums.
Can I clarify your question.  Are you referring to a login in screen being displayed by the router?  Does it look similar to this - http://192.168.1.254 ?
If yes it rather suggests a connectivity or DNS issue.
If you click BACK on your browser and the link you want does it then work?
Next time it happens, can you please login to your router (see above link) and look at the router log to see if it reports a connectivity issue.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Thanks Townman, that's exactly what it looks like and clicking back does not make any difference.
I will do as you suggest next time it happens. Cheers.

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

This could be caused by intermittent DNS issues.  There is another user reporting DNS issues at present.
I have a theory (could be irrelevant!) - can you please advise if your WAN address starts with 146.199 - look at the internet connection details in the router.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

it doesn't and the IP address is a really old Plusnet one - there was a post on here from it in 2005
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Just to clarify the very wild red herring, the IP address is irrelevant.