cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panasonic Smart TV connection issues as of 10th March 2017

mrbrady72

Re: Panasonic Smart TV connection issues as of 10th March 2017

I experienced this exact issue last night - Panasonic TV giving error 6 when trying to connect to my PlusNet broadband but no issue with any other devices in the house (PC, laptop, phone, Echo all working fine). The TV had connected fine the day before.

So is this an intermittent issue and do I need to go to PlusNet support to resolve?

Thanks for any advice.

berloma

Yesterday, Tuesday 15th of October, my Panasonic TV failed from 7 pm and I tested up to 11:30 pm before giving up. I am not sure but around the same time Virgin Media had power issues that affected internet in London.

The problem that I had was exactly the same that is described in this forum. The TV connects to the router but not to the internet. Everything else at home connected to the internet works fine and the modem is 'blue'.

Besides testing the Panasonic TV I also tested a small BT youview box that has Netflix. Netflix did not work, even that the tests on the  worked fine. I tested Four on Demand and it worked fine.

So the problem seems to be the Panasonic TV and Netflix. 

In the past we had small disconnections with the TV. We just waited two or three minutes and it connected again to the internet. Yesterday was more than four hours.

This morning I tested the TV and it connected fine and Netflix works. 

On the youview box Netflix is still not working, but as long as we have Netflix from the smart TV it is fine for the moment.

References:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-45864421

Panasonic TV -Model:TX-48AS640B

BT youview box -Model: DB-T2200/BT/DF

RRM
Rising Star

Down again!!! 04/12/18 7.50pm. Was working earlier on iPlayer, but not anymore.

Panasonic TX-50CX802b, when testing gives Error 006, unable to connect.

RRM
Rising Star

back up now!

atpromain

I’ve just set up my plusnet today but my panasonic viera smart tv wired connection is connecting to the router but when I test the connection it shows it’s not connecting to the internet. I’ve connected it wirelessly and it’s fine but I’d prefer it wired as the tv is far from the router and the signal is weak. Anyone know what settings on the tv or router I need or should change? 

Thank you

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, is your connection working OK for other devices? There should be no settings that need changing in the router for a LAN connection to work, you might want to try another LAN port on the back of the router to see if that makes a difference.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team