cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panasonic DMR-HWT130 - cannot connect to internet

Dicko33

Panasonic DMR-HWT130 - cannot connect to internet

Hi,
I am trying to set up the internet connection on my elderly mum and dads new PVR. They have the Thomson router and we have plugged it in with a wired lan connection with some of those plug things. The PVR says when we run the connection test it is unable to connect to the gateway and suggests it may be the router settings.
Does anyone have any ideas that I can try or what I am doing wrong?
Thanks.  Smiley
2 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 26

Re: Panasonic DMR-HWT130 - cannot connect to internet

Hi Dicko,
Welcome to the forums.  This is not an uncommon problem with "TV" devices getting network configuration details.  In your case though you have the added complication of the Ethernet over power network.
You need to eliminate some parts of the configuration to sort this out.  Either prove that the Ethernet over power devices are working properly by trying a computer connected over that link. Alternatively (one way or another as a temporary measure) connect the PVR direct to the router.
Check that the PVR is configured for DHCP.  Check that an address has been allocated.  Check that the gateway address has been configured.  Check that there is a DNS listed.  Check the router to see if it shows the device as being present on the network.
Which router are you using?  I have known of DHCP issues where the router allocates an address, however it does not get picked up by the device.  This is particularly prevalent with Win Vista and "TV" devices.

When you have tried the above, if none of those work, then you will have to assign an address manually to the PVR.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Panasonic DMR-HWT130 - cannot connect to internet

Panasonic devices don't seem to play ball with the DHCP server so you'll need to specify an IP address manually.
Take a look at this post (and the rest of the thread) for details.