cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet Loss

silkysean
Grafter

Packet Loss

I've been a ADSL customer with PlusNet for years, never had a problem, but the last few days I've been experiencing packet loss when online gaming. It really [-Censored-] me off today when I lost a long term character on DayZ as the packet dropped mid firefight, kicking me from the server. When I logged back in I was dead!!!!!!!! It's happening every few minutes on CS:Go too. Again very annoying. I've changed nothing on my system, so this is definitely a problem at PlusNet's end. What's going on?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

12 REPLIES 12
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Packet Loss

Again very annoying. I've changed nothing on my system, so this is definitely a problem at PlusNet's end.

Quite a jump, there's a lot of kit and equipment between your side and ours that can cause issues.

Do you experience problems with any other online services? What happens to your ping at that point? Wired/wireless connection?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
silkysean
Grafter

I've tried wired and wireless. Replaced my router and adsl filter too. Ping test using cmd ping to my router shows 0% loss. But to anywhere else, google etc, I'm getting sporadic no return results and packet loss. Loss test in CS:GO shows about 40% occurring for a second or more, roughly every minute. But my ping is fine. It's hard to replicate through traceroute or normal browsing as it happens so randomly and quickly. Again, it only started this week, so I doubt it's anything my end.

DWslider
Hooked

Experiencing same problems. Hampshire based!

Chris
Legend

Can you try and not spread your issues over multiple threads please, it makes it much more difficult to keep on top of what's going on.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
DWslider
Hooked

Was asked by your social team to give presence to the issue on here, given your social channel is the only team that does not have a 2 hour long queue, I wholeheartedly apologize for taking the only advice given to me by Plusnet.  

However given the issue is widespread and has not been sufficiently addressed by yourselves. I'd suggest locking the threads and creating a condensed sticky thread with an update on what the issue is, who it affects, if there's anything the end user can do and an apology on the complete lack of adequate communication. 

Chris
Legend

Might be worth having a read of Bob's post here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Continual-intermittent-dropped-packets/m-p/1384464#M50...

silkysean
Grafter

Wow, colour me impressed. It's actually fixed. Thank you!!!

DWslider
Hooked

How many attempts did it take to get it fixed if you don't mind me asking?

silkysean
Grafter

I restarted my router 3 times since 6pm last night. Seems to have done the trick. No loss packets in game or on ping tracker etc

silkysean
Grafter

Dammit. Packet loss is back with a vengeance. What happened? Whatever you turned back on, turn it off again!!!!!!! Obviously still a dodgy server issue somewhere!

Moolapie
Dabbler

This is getting absolutely ridiculous...

silkysean
Grafter

Yep. I'm getting sooo peed off with it now. Losing all my online matches on CS GO because of it. This is not what I paid for. Anyone from PlusNet reading????? Update please!!!!!!!!!!!