cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Change

Manguish

Package Change

Quick Q re my package.
I'm on Broadband Premier Option 1 (£21.99 month)
I get an "unlimited" off peak allowance, with a peak allowance of 12gig (i think). Peak time is 4pm till midnight.
I am thinking of moving to the PRO package (£19.99) with 20gig allowance.
Is the 20 gig a total limit? Or is it a peak time limit as i have now?
I've used about 30gig each month, with peak time usage being around 9gig - 16gig.
What would you recommend?
9 REPLIES 9
Manguish

Re: Package Change

Also - i've just accepted the five pound off for six months for agreeing 12months - will this still apply if i change over Wink
pcoventry76
Grafter

Yes it will - however please be aware that PRO is 10GB allowance and not 20GB.
For your usage it might be worth considering BBYW option 4 which would be £24,99 a month for 6 months (£29,99 thereafter) and gives a whopping 40GB allowance - all packages give free usage from midnight to 8am daily
I'm not 100% sure on the limits on BPO1 - although the 12,13gb mark does sound familiar.
To be honest if you get unlimited off peak it might be worth you staying there, unless you can/are happy to schedule downloads for overnight
7th_star
Grafter

Quote from: pcoventry
For your usage it might be worth considering BBYW option 4 which would be £24,99 a month for 6 months (£29,99 thereafter) and gives a whopping 40GB allowance

Pete,
the OP has stated that they use 9 - 16 GB peak time, so I would have thought that BBYW option 3 would be more suitable, not to mention a more appropriate price range.
Manguish,
the peak time periods on the BBYW products, are 0800 - midnight, unlike the Prem you have now, which is 1600 - midnight.
Your prem package has a peak time allowance of 20 Gb, but is shaped (slowdown) after 13 Gb, whereas the BBYW peak time allowance for option 3, is 20 Gb with no extra shaping (slowdown) within the allowance.
James
Grafter

Hi Manguish,
Your current Broadband Premier product offers up to 20GB peak time usage (4pm to midnight) with no set limits on off peak.  Peak time restriction come into force from 13GB.
The Broadband Your Way Pro product offers 10GB during peak times (8am to midnight) where all traffic will come down at the fastest rate our network will allow (this is line rate under normal network conditions).
For the nearest non Pro equivalent, you would be looking at Option 3, which offers 20GB peak time usage (8am to midnight) for £19.99.
Let me know if you need any help.
Manguish

So in reality, i'm better off staying where i am for now, as the peak time is less (4pm till midnight) instead of 8am till midnight.
I don't mind paying for 20gig's worth of peak, on Pro. But that 20gig has to be used over a much longer time (8 hours).
Is that right?
I like the idea of fastest rates at all times, but i don't like the increase of peak time hours.
Hmm. What a dilemma.
7th_star
Grafter

You could ask James here to let you trial the BBYW for a month, then if it really doesn't suit your needs, you could ask him to switch you back to your old product.
It's been done before for people anyhow. Wink
James
Grafter

Yes, that wouldn't be a problem at all.
Manguish

Hmm. Sounds good.
Do i just PM you once i'm ready to try it then?
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: Manguish
So in reality, i'm better off staying where i am for now, as the peak time is less (4pm till midnight) instead of 8am till midnight.
I don't mind paying for 20gig's worth of peak, on Pro. But that 20gig has to be used over a much longer time (8 hours).
Is that right?
I like the idea of fastest rates at all times, but i don't like the increase of peak time hours.
Hmm. What a dilemma.

What you have to remember switching to any BBYW you lose 8 hours off peak per day. 
Some say I am at work all day so it does not matter.  But it will affect you at weekends.
You lose of 16 hours off peak every weekend.  Then add up the hours you lose if you have a week off work
Puddy