Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3 Download Speeds

kingkobra
Grafter

PS3 Download Speeds

Hi,
Recently been using my PS3 again online, and I have sat watching a download for the past three hours. Connection test says my current download speed is 51 kbps... does this sound bad, because its certainly very painful to watch.
I know shaping is the cause, as its 2.2 Mbps in the mornings. Does it really need to be sooooo sloooooowwwwwww in the evenings? I only want to download a patch for a game.
Cheers.
4 REPLIES 4
Azagoth
Grafter

Re: PS3 Download Speeds

I'm glad it's not just me! 
I was supposed to be having a game of Motorstorm 2: Pacific Rift the other day, yet it requires a 608MB patch to download first.  I left it going for 3 hours and it hadn't even got to 5%, in the end I had to cancel it as I was going out.
scootie
Grafter

i would like to see the rate limits raised for downloads on ps3 an xbox. same as Azagoth gets anoyin when its a update or add on you need.
As there dosent seem away /willingness for a sperate sig to be made to fish the improtant system /game updates from demo downloads ect this should mean raising the ps3/xbox download sig rate limit up alot
Azagoth
Grafter

Just for the record, it also means that I can't download demos or purchase anything that requires a large download from the PSN Store, like Wipeout HD for example. 
sebastianpolomk
Grafter

The same here Sad .
Can't download any demo or trailer in reasonable time. BBC iPlayer and VidZone working bad as well.