cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3, BLOPS2 and lag

omens
Dabbler

PS3, BLOPS2 and lag

Am trying to work out where the problem lies.
Have been on Orange BB for years (fixed at 2-meg) and it was fine. Occasionally everyone would suffer lag. I switched to Plusnet essential BB (10GB limit) with pro gaming package and it was great, high KDRs, loving it. Decided to move up to the 60GB package (which was no longer available but "unlimited BB" was). Since then, I've had issues with lag.
I can go into a lobby with friends, the map loads and then I get kicked out whilst friends play on. Sometimes it'll let me re-join them. I can lag horrendously, making gameplay almost impossible and frustrating.
Any ideas on how I can work out what's going on.
3 REPLIES 3
Edzashed
Grafter

Re: PS3, BLOPS2 and lag

I feel your pain i was on sky for over a year and never had any such problems now i like you we are suffering massive lag spikes packet loss, my 2 sons are complaining at me this too, which makes gameplay no gameplay this is just not good enough there should be some compensation in place for downtime or loss of service... I personally think that this may be an overselling issue on there backhauls and the main fibre pipes can't handle it or someone has mucked up a network switch and we pay the price .. Btw sorry to hijack into your thread
lowlatency
Grafter

You should read this as you are really not the only person with this issue:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,108016.0.html
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Is that happening at particular times of the day?