cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]. Can I stop this?

Roguesith
Dabbler

PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]. Can I stop this?

Been having an issue with disconnects causing my Broadband speed to drop. The guys at plusnet seem to have got my speed back to something usable but I'm still getting disconnects. I've noticed this morning after a half dozen disconnects in an hour that before each one my router logged : PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]. I'm using a BT homehub 4 router because the advice when I first raised a ticket was my Thompson router was old and could be part of the problem.
Are my disconnects likely being caused by the Termination Requests, and if so does anyone know how to stop them?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]. Can I stop this?

I had the same problem with my Home Hub 4 - a quick google seemed to show that lots of people were having a similar problem with the Home Hub 5, so I assume this is a Home Hub issue. I solved it by getting a new router... Problem now gone.
Roguesith
Dabbler

Thanks, I have a new router coming from plusnet sometime next week so hopefully that will resolve it 🙂
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Let us know via here how you get on please Roguesith.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Roguesith
Dabbler

So far so good. I had about 70 disconnects last weekend with most coming Sunday morning, so if it makes it through to Monday without issue I'm going to say we've cracked it. (I am currently touching wood so as not to jinx it lol)
Roguesith
Dabbler

Been 3 days with no disconnects 🙂 
Think my issue is solved, just wish I'd done some research before going for a BT router, you live and learn.