cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPP Drops Getting Silly now.

DirectFS
Grafter

PPP Drops Getting Silly now.

Oh, it doesn't ever seem to be just one problem, but millions!
Some of you may have seen my post in "broadband speed" - well, it has taken no less than eleven connection attempts, re-booting router, etc., to get far enough today to post this!  One web page, reset router, next web page, reset router.
I was going to talk about bandwidth v cost - issues, but somehow I think that needs to wait until I have a connection that I can half way rely on!
My exchange is Cooden, Sync is 8128 up and 448 down, throughput is 1.7Mb (if it connects!!!!) - yes, probably a PN IP Profile issue.  But this dropping of the PPP session incessantly is really beginning to annoy me now.  This sort of frequency has only happened last 24 hours or so, but on and off for about three or four weeks.
Plusnet - you do have an issue here.  Please sort it.....................
Bill - frogshouse.
5 REPLIES 5
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

Re: PPP Drops Getting Silly now.

Are you sure it is the PPP that's dropping out? If so, have a look at..  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,78341.16.html, reply nos. 21 and 22.
DirectFS
Grafter

Yup. Pretty sure - the synch is staying up and showing connected, today anywhere between 6700k and the full 8128k, with down fairly constant at 448k.
A manual connect within the router brings a session back up for a time, but it drops off again after a web page or two.
Of note, PN have just re-matched their IP{ profile with BT's, literally in the last half hour.  That may help.
I'll also try changing my connection settings from VC/Mux to LLC over PPoE too and see if that helps as it has for others.
Bill.
adie:quote
DirectFS
Grafter

Well, have been set to PPPoE and LLC for half an hour now, and still getting drops.
Am plugged into test socket too.
Arrrrrghhhh!
James
Grafter

Hiya,
I've just checked your account and can see that your connection lasted for about ten hours before it was disconnected/turned off.
Whilst I appreciate that you were probably asleep at the time, it does appear to be considerably better than it was.
DirectFS
Grafter

Hi - yes, ten hours seems about right, and to be fair I was running a "test" - in that I was using bbc IPlayer to see if the throughput was any more reliable.
However, since reboot, it has come up and down like a yoyo.  I've rebooted about five or six times so far this afternoon........
I am aware that the PN copy of the IP profile has been updated, and Simon has indicated that a fault has been raised on the line - as far as I know.  It's all under question  ID: 29696529.
Any facts and figures needed, please let me know, I'll give you what I can.

Bill.
dick:quote