cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN router keeps dropping

Jamiemackay

PN router keeps dropping

We have had Plusnet since June 2016 with no issues. 

Recently, the router keeps losing its internet connection every 15 minutes.

The only change I made, within the PN hub settings, was to restrict some of the mobiles to 2pm until 10pm. 

I have since cleared this but the problem is still there.

Jamie

7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: PN router keeps dropping

Your line is disconnecting very frequently:

Testing your line isn't showing any obvious problems:

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0001
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found but unable to check for customer equipment connected to modem.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 40.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed

2.0 Mbps

Is there any noise on the phone line when you plug a handset in and dial 17070 running the quiet line test.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Jamiemackay

The line is quiet

Jamiemackay

We have not had this problem resolved.  The PN router keeps losing the internet.  Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

Jamie

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Have you tried a factory reset of the router? Plusnet will probably ask you to try it at some point so you might as well get ahead of the game.

Guide at https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides/

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
MartinR
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

My problem is a mirror of Jamiemackay 's and has been going on for more than a fortnight. I have phoned the PN help line many times but there has always been a waiting time of 45 minutes. NOT GOOD ENOUGH PN!

I seem to have 2 kinds of disconnection (a) total (occasional) and (b) short-lived (frequent).. I am on the Madderty exchange (ESMAD), PN username: arcadian. I have done the following:

1.Connected directly into the back of the BT Master Socket - NTE5

2. Done a quiet line test (it is quiet)

3. Reset my router (Technicolor TG582n )

I have left my PC connected with an ethernet cable to the back of the master socket so that you can do a line test.

Your help would be much appreciated

P.S. It used to be much easier when one could "raise a ticket" online and then wait for a phone call and/or an email.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@Jamiemackay wrote:

We have not had this problem resolved.  The PN router keeps losing the internet.  Does anyone have any suggestions.

Apologies for the continued problems. Sad

If you haven't already I'd recommend getting this raised to us at http://faults.plus.net as it's likely we'll need to arrange an engineer.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
haywardsteve
Grafter

could be the same 60Khz hum that I had you cannot hear it with you ears but a radio should pick it up if you place it near your phone line