cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN please reset my SNR

mickg6wci
Dabbler

PN please reset my SNR

Recently had lot of problems with my line, turned out to be an exchange fault which is now fixed and my stats are now stable. PN closed my ticket prematurely so cannot post there. Now OK can PN reset my SNR to a lower value to hopefully ramp up my sync rate..... see Question 22850115
30 REPLIES 30
chillypenguin
Grafter

Re: PN please reset my SNR

Just create a new ticket and reference the old id.
Chilly
mickg6wci
Dabbler

How does one create a ticket without going through all the annoying testing rubbish beforehand ?Huh
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

SNR resets have to be raised as a fault so you have to use that method to raise a ticket.
Unless the ticket you said was closed was raised in this way, in which case just raise another one normally referencing the old ticket number.
mickg6wci
Dabbler

Does "raising a ticket normally" bypass all the checking nonsense, and if so how does one do this ?Huh
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Help and support -> Help Assistant, then -> My broadband connection then click on the ask a question link on the right.
mickg6wci
Dabbler

Many thanks, must remember that link  Cheesy
mickg6wci
Dabbler

Unfortunatly when I posted a Q on PN as suggested I got a plep who wants me to open a new ticket.  Bah humbug....
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mick, sorry about the hassle there. I've passed that ticket through to a member of our faults team who will action this for you.
mickg6wci
Dabbler

Cheers Matt, in that case I will bin the snotty reply I was just composing for the Help Assistant........... Mick
cp:blue Typo corrected mod:end
James
Grafter

Hi Mick,
I've just phoned BT and updated you via your ticket.
mickg6wci
Dabbler

SNR has been reset and interleaving turned off as a bonus, sync has now gone up ...... many thanks for your help    Mick  Cheesy
James
Grafter

Get in!
Only 9 personal tickets left now Wink
ady
Grafter

Quote from: mickg6wci
SNR has been reset and interleaving turned off as a bonus, sync has now gone up ...... many thanks for your help    Mick  Cheesy

Hello I have attempted to have my SNR reset serveral times. I just left it, as they sent over an engineer who made me feel stupid, telling me nothing was wrong. When I never said there was, I just asked for my SNR to be lowered from 15, as I don't disconnect. If someone from PN could investigate, and do the same procedure as this guy received I would be thankfull
James
Grafter

Hello there,
If you raise a ticket requesting your SNR margin to be set to a specific amount, then I'll be happy to raise it with BT for you.