Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN no longer offering unlimted broadband

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: PN no longer offering unlimted broadband

Quote from: Jameseh
Markus - Definitely not until your exchange is upgraded.

Better traffic management profile?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

Yes - Premium offers a better experience than unlimited does.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

I am interested to know why unlimited was pulled after only 7 month, when it was launched PN made such a big fuss about offering unlimited,  seems a very short life span for a new product.  Is this because PN realized it was a bad product design ?
Regards Mike 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

scootie
Grafter

not workable with upto 20mb. esp when midnight hits. look at how it effects latency at the moment http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80166.0.html al thoe not confirmed as the cause of the problem i can only see this as the problem as the first time it happended everything was checked down to BTw's policer on the host link ect
Be3G
Grafter

Surely PN would have realised how unfeasible it'd be for ADSL2+ speeds though when they planned Unlimited in the first place. Huh
kingkobra
Grafter

ok, the new product looks quite attractive, what with a high enough monthly limit, and a little more relaxed traffic management
but...
i am wary of changing to ADSL2, as I am worried I might actually end up with a worse sync speed than I currently have. I only sync at 3700 kbps at the moment so I wouldn't expect it to actually go higher, but I don't want it to go lower.
This is the killer for me - I dont need unlimited traffic - i need to be able to use my DSL connection when I need to use it, not overnight.
I installed Windows 7 last night, and it was a painful experience what with all the updates etc. I needed to download a 14 meg file from Microsoft and it took about 30mins to download.... I gave up trying to download the 64bit version of my anti-virus software when the downloader stopped responding at 25% after about 90 mins of download time.
How about a product for existing Max customers who don't require 'unlimited', but would be happy with a 50-80 Gig limit with relaxed traffic management?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi kingkobra,
If you wish you can move onto either of the new products and keep your existing 8mb speed - all you need to do is raise us a ticket with details of the account you'd like to upgrade to, state that you want to keep the 8mb speeds, and we'll get it done for you.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Could a PlusNet Rep please clarify this:
1) "Pay a one-off setup fee of £30 and have the freedom to leave Plusnet when you choose with 10 days' notice and no penalties."
Does this only apply to NEW connections or does it also apply to Migrations in? How is this compatible with the statement "Free connection" in the More Information panel?
2) "Free easy setup wireless router. Has 4-ports (for connecting up to 10 desktop PCs). Our easy setup routers will automatically connect you to the Internet in just a few minutes."
Is this a WIRELESS Router? Is it still the TG585V7?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Wheel_nut,
1) It applies to both. It's compatible because the £30 is on a deferred 12 month contract (i.e. only payable if you leave within the first year, otherwise free).
2) Yes, it's wireless, as stated in the question ;). And yes, it's still the TG585v7.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Hi Matt,
If the Contract can be terminated at 10 days' notice and the £30 is a deferred charge then the penalty for leaving within the first 12 months can only be a maximum of £30 and not the balance of the 12 Months service charges. Could you confirm this understanding please.
Regarding the Wireless Router.....  Embarrassed
R
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Would a transfer from BBYW3 to this new premium product (both on 21CN) allow me to keep my web space
and everything else as it appears that Premium isn't much worse than BBYW3.
I assume that no 12 month contracts etc would be required.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Wheel_nut
I can confirm that you are spot on there - that's exactly what happens.
@Axisofevil!
Yes, you could keep the webspace and everything else. With regard to contracts, the only ones that we'll hold you to will be the deferred ones such as house move charges, activation charges, hardware etc.
Hope that helps,
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Thanks for that.
Obviously I'll wait a few weeks though, to ensure it doesn't appear in the rants section too often. Grin

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Santiago
Grafter

Quote from: mrmarkus1981
Does it make sense to change to Plusnet premium even though my exchange isnt upgraded yet.

Quote from: Jameseh
Markus - Definitely not until your exchange is upgraded.

from the FAQ
4. When can I have up to 20Mb?
If you sign up for Plusnet Premium or Pro you’ll automatically be provided with up to 20Mbps speeds if your exchange is enabled. You can check when your exchange is due to be enabled here.  Alternatively, during the signup or account change journey our line checker will tell you.
If your exchange is not yet enabled, you’ll be included in our upgrade programme once your exchange offers up to 20Mbps.

So I believe anyone can change to Premium and get ADSL2+ now, if enabled at their exchange.
Otherwise they (i.e. me) get ADSL2+ when their exchange becomes enabled in the future but in the meantime enjoy the other apparent Premium benefits.
Will Premium work during the evening peak time and give decent service, for example will Premium customers be able to view Youtube videos?
If a legacy customer switches to Premium can they take their free 240 broadband phone minutes with them?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Whats going on here?im currently on plusnet unlimited and my exchange can only handle 8mbps,do i remain on unlimited or could i still change to premuim?
Also are we pn unlimited customers to be getting better traffic management for our gaming needs?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.