Re: PN - major service incident

Out all day and came back to find that the drop had fixed itself at 12.50
Fortunate that I was out as I don't have  any other source of internet access
Resistor240v

Quote from the Service Status page:
"Broadband Connectivity (83816) - Resolved
30/11/2014 @ 13:22
This is in an update to our previous post regarding the recent connectivity problem.
Our engineers have resolved the problem and customers should now be able to re-establish a connection.
Apologies for any inconvenience this issue may have caused."
Well it's 16:53 here and it is *still* down. Turning off for 60 minutes did nothing and resetting has no effect either  Angry
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

So much for the separate fibre And ADSL forums plenty of people posting in the wrong place  Roll_eyes
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
toggie101
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

There was a thread in Fibre, but a moderator locked it in favour of this one.
dick:quote
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Maybe we should have a separate section for MSO, as they are becoming more regular  Roll_eyes
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Pity I wasn't here otherwise I would have moved the whole thing to Feedback
hugoisaac57

Haven't had any internet since this morning, for 2 times i tried to turn of the router for 1 hour and not successfull, I also tried the other device for the fibre to be power off for 1 hour and still no luck.
All i get is this webpage "broadband setup" where I put my id and password, says it is all good to go but still doesn't load any other webpage and just lead me back to the same starting webpage
"www.plus.net/apps/getstarted"
I have fiber, but I believe ppl ar ebeing redirected here. I would love to try and find out what can I do to get internet back, anyone that can help me ?
Lolaan
Rising Star

Well, i have turned off both openreach modem and router, get them back on, now i can't even log into the router anymore.
When i input the username and password, it just remove the un and pw and go nowhere.
I don't know what to do now.....
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: AdamD
Still nothing here, I unplugged modem and router for an hour. Internet light went green but is now red again.
Think I'll be leaving now this is happening too often.

Adam,
This could be a case of the user details in the router being scrambled - if its a TG582n look here http://192.168.1.254/cgi/b/is/_pppoa_/dt/?be=0&l0=2&l1=2&name=Internet - more details here http://www.plus.net/reconnect
Alternatively from the info I can glean I would also suspect that this could be a BT system issue - aka "Stale Session".  if the above is all correct, then you'll need to phone PN and ask them if BT's systems are preventing your connection.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: PeterLoftus
So much for the separate fibre And ADSL forums plenty of people posting in the wrong place  Roll_eyes

Peter,
Was that a tongue planted firmly in your cheek?  Cheesy
Seems little point having two distinct threads for the same issue!
Kevin

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: Oldjim
Pity I wasn't here otherwise I would have moved the whole thing to Feedback

Adie, had your back covered Jim.  Hope you enjoyed your afternoon off!  Wink Cheesy

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Off Topic
I didn't start off well but improved
Being driven to the start of the walk by my better half
What is that funny clanking noise  Huh
Stopped at a safe place - flat tyre  Sad
Changed it for the piddly little spare and go to the start with 5 minutes in hand (fortunately we had allowed extra time due to fog)  Roll_eyes
Then had a very pleasant 11.5 mile walk in glorious sunshine after the cloud burnt off
Stranger
Rising Star

Thank goodness, back now.
Does anyone know if there's a way of getting any compo for lack of service such as today?  On the whole my dealings with PN have been positive but these lack of service incidences are getting a little tiresome.
Lolaan
Rising Star

Back here too. Thank god for that, I am on a PAYG on my mobile, was spending a fortune going on the internet with it.....
Timalay
Grafter

Doubt it tbh, unless your a business user and you can prove it majorly hit you business.