PN - major service incident

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: PN - major service incident

Quote from: Townman
Quote from: http
If you are struggling to connect to the Internet then please try powering off your router for 1 hour before powering it back up and attempting to re-establish a connection to the Internet. If you continue to have trouble connecting try the following link which you can access from your mobile phone - http://www.plus.net/reconnect

...everyone grab a brew and the Sunday paper!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

subi211
Dabbler

Still down in Manchester, or rather up with a 172 address.  And as I factory reset my router as advised by the troubleshooter,  I'll need to wait for my settings to DL again anyway.
Also, Plusnet? A mobile friendly website for times like these would be nice. ^__^
Quorneng

All manner of errors being thrown out by my router.
1st manual login attempt after a fresh boot, it reports a successful connection, but no connectivity because of missing gateway.
Every attempt after that delivers authentication failure, or "could not configure IP parameters".
I've even managed to reach the "BT Home SERVICE INFORMATION" page once (http://62.6.38.125/index.html); not sure how that happened.
Drop out occurred at approx. 10:20am here; glad I'm not the only one effected, as I had a similar fault a few weeks ago that, for such a trivial fault, took ages to resolve ("unable to reach concentrator" which was simply a hung connection that needed clearing to allow subsequent auth).
Incidentally service problems like this highlight how flaky the tg582n firmware(8.C.M.0) is; I've had the web interface break several times, and refuse login until the device is rebooted.
Fyi I'm on 80Mb fibre.
stormchaser2005
Grafter

I don't buy newspapers,  off to watch a film in downloaded yesterday
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Do not do a factory reset for this issue - please just WAIT!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mwerle
Grafter

I too keep getting assigned a 172.xxx  IP.   Looks like some sort of issue with BT not forwarding PlusNet connections correctly - and it's a recurring issue:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,79437.0.html
Broadband troubleshooter fails:
>>>>
Broadband Troubleshooter - Error
There's been a problem
Please try using the Broadband Troubleshooter again in a short while. If you continue to have problems please contact our Support Team for help.
<<<<
Don't like my chances of getting through to support if this affects a significant portion of the subscriber base.
How long until we can expect a fix?
jwsg
Rising Star

Also off (Essex) tried a couple of router restarts, sometimes connecting but no actual internet access.
mikeclampitt67

My connection went down about 930... I did do a router factory reset before it was clear there was a service problem..
Now just waiting but could the reset cause more problems?
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

The 172.xxx.xxx.xxx address is one of the BT test circuits it's good for proving  the line is working, and the DSLAM uses it when the connection fails a number of times to check if the problem is hardware or ISP based.
It seems that the gateway fault from a few weeks ago is back with a vengeance today, lets hope it gets fixed soon so we can get back to shopping like crazy in the sales 
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
subi211
Dabbler

Then stop your troubleshooter from advising us to do so. Wink
petecov44
Grafter

Quote from: subi211
Still down in Manchester, or rather up with a 172 address.  And as I factory reset my router as advised by the troubleshooter,  I'll need to wait for my settings to DL again anyway.
Also, Plusnet? A mobile friendly website for times like these would be nice. ^__^

I thought http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,134472.0.html was?
Cerberos
Rising Star

Don't bother ringing customer services. Call wait time is in excess of forty five minutes
jimbof
Grafter

Glad I checked here.  Down and out in sunny Norwich Sad
Quorneng

Quote from: Cerberos
Don't bother ringing customer services. Call wait time is in excess of forty five minutes

It's improved then!
Was >1h when I checked 😉
GeordieMark
Grafter

So when they say "Power off your router for an hour" With Fibre does this mean the OR modem too? Is this going to confuse DLM and balls up our line profiles? Sad