Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN - major service incident

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

PN - major service incident

PlusNet are reporting a " major service incident" , this is what you are greeted with, when ringing the support number
Still no service status for this yet.
Regards Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

162 REPLIES 162
stormchaser2005
Grafter

Re: PN - major service incident

Explains why I have no broadband 😞
Daveodeth
Grafter

Someone forgot to put 50p in the metre.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

See here - http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1417343882.htm
At least one of the mods is off air.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Took them long enough to get some visible information  out

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Mike,
From what I can see, it took about 14 minutes, which frankly ain't too bad.  I saw one of the mods drop out of the IRC at 10:26.42 another user at 10:32.25 - the Status notice feed reported the availability of information at 10:40.20
Sun [10:26.42] * dvorak (~dvorak-ge@34B96DE3.1FD6A01E.7300F8D4.IP) Quit (Ping timeout)
Sun [10:27.38] * AF-Typo (~AF-Typo@177323D8.8554CDB4.84EEF850.IP)Quit (Ping timeout)
Sun [10:32.25] * laptribe_ (~tribe@protectedhost-FF7B0BD2.the-tribe.me.uk)  Quit (Broken pipe)
Sun [10:40.20] <+PNStatus> Broadband Connectivity (83816) - NEW http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1417343882.htm

Kevin

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

I rung just after 10 am, the pre recorded message was on the line at that time.
I wonder what time the message was put on the support line
Regards
Mike

Petard
Rising Star

I'm glad I checked this forum. Some while after my connection dropped, I checked online, but all was green ticks. I rang the 0800 service-status number, which told me nothing. I checked my connection, rebooted my router....
It's a relief to find it's Plus Net and not me - but I do think they have been sluggish.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Mine dropped out at 10:24 acording to the router log.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Yup and still not back..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Looking here - http://www.plus.net/support/service/network_performance/broadband_bandwidth_usage.shtml - it looks like things broke around 09:45 - service notice was posted 10:40.
With many years experience of running large outsourced services I remain of the opinion that having a service notice out inside an hour is not too bad.  There are only specific staff (CRT) who can issue such notices.  Sunday is the one day CRT staff do not work.  To get such a notice published, CRT has to be alerted to the situation, briefed of the fault and anticipated recovery... then produce a customer facing notice.
Looking at the above graphs it is not clear in a number of inbound pipes broke or its another (still not explained) gateway failure.  Looking at the disconnection profile, it looks like there has been a cascade of disconnections - starting at 09:45 extending to 10:30.

petecov44
Grafter

Quote from: Petard
I'm glad I checked this forum. Some while after my connection dropped, I checked online, but all was green ticks. I rang the 0800 service-status number, which told me nothing. I checked my connection, rebooted my router....
It's a relief to find it's Plus Net and not me - but I do think they have been sluggish.

I've lost count of how many times this has happened in 2014 so far. It's really sloppy you got what you pay for and round here - don't expect much!
If this was AAISP you'd have known about it the second it happened and he staff would be in your face about it. If anyone thinks I am talking Shizz leave here go there and then, if you actually want to - return here and tel me I was right.
Not that it happens much to at all there
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I'm just getting a 172 address assigned
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Petard
Rising Star

Back in through PN now. It's funny how one gets used to having a connection.
I think my router showed the connection dropping out at 09.22, but I can't check this, since I rebooted it in the course of trying to trace the fault, which erases the log.
Hope everyone else is back, too.    Smiley
Stranger
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Glad I checked this on my mobile, still no internet here Sad
What's the 0800 service number please?