cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN internet connection gone very slow from 2030 today.

peterfleet
Grafter

PN internet connection gone very slow from 2030 today.

Recently noticed that the web service from PN from 2030 today has become hopelessly slow. Yet no service status report to that effect. Any one else experienced this?
6 REPLIES 6
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: PN internet connection gone very slow from 2030 today.

no problem here
MakeTeaNotWar
Grafter

Quote from: peterfleet
Recently noticed that the web service from PN from 2030 today has become hopelessly slow. Yet no service status report to that effect. Any one else experienced this?

I'm seeing the same thing, Im on the Pro service and its running like a dog this evening... my test results echo that I think. Its taking me ages to load some pages.
Today 21:40 3060 kbps (383kB/s) 371 kbps (46.4kB/s) Share
Today 21:38 2391 kbps (299kB/s) 373 kbps (46.6kB/s) Share
Router Reboot
Today 21:33 3914 kbps (489kB/s) 377 kbps (47.1kB/s) Share
Today 21:29 3518 kbps (440kB/s) 377 kbps (47.1kB/s) Share
Router Reboot
Today 21:28 3220 kbps (403kB/s) 372 kbps (46.5kB/s) Share
Today 21:28 3134 kbps (392kB/s) 359 kbps (44.9kB/s) Share
Router Reboot
Today 21:22 4149 kbps (519kB/s) 305 kbps (38.1kB/s) Share
I know they've done some work to the bandwidth of the pcl-ag2 gateway today which is what I use, maybe its load balancing? Can someone from PN comment on this? I hope it doesnt continue for long I've come to expect far better performance from my PN pro service Sad
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@peterfleet
What speeds are you seeing on a BT speedtest?
@MakeTeaNotWar
If I'm honest I'm struggling to see much wrong with those speeds, yes they are slightly below what I'd expect for a line profile of 4500 but shouldn't be causing any issues.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Phatjayunoi
Dabbler

The past few days my Internet speed has dropped significantly as well.
I used to be able to browse normally very quickly, these days I have to wait minutes for pages to load up. Direct/Torrent downloading has suffered alot as well and this is anytime during peak and off-peak hours. I used to manage at least 250-300 KBs/sec on decent speeds, now I am down to around 10-20 KBs/sec all the time.
Not sure whether or not is because a family member changed our main telephone for a new one recently, and so they've forgotten to use plug in ADSL filter for that. I didn't notice until around yesterday, so I plugged that back in myself and restarted everything. Now I am not sure if the events beforehand had caused my speed to drop due to noise or any other major factor i.e. BT changed my profile etc. I have also switched off my router a couple of times too during those periods seeing as no one was using the Intenret and I figured may as well save some electricity.
I have since checked my router status and made some speedtests regulary to check my speed connection and it certainly has dropped alot to what I have had for years before (I had 2-3MB speeds).
From Speedtest.net last night;

From the BT Speedtest a few hours ago;
Download speed achieved during the test was - 215 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds  is 400-2000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :4896 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 1250 Kbps
Hurray I am back to ancient Broadband speeds! Grin
MakeTeaNotWar
Grafter

Quote from: Chris

@MakeTeaNotWar
If I'm honest I'm struggling to see much wrong with those speeds, yes they are slightly below what I'd expect for a line profile of 4500 but shouldn't be causing any issues.

My line syncs at 6000kbps usually so an IP profile of 4500 is way under and prior to yesterday and now tonight I've had consistent downloads of 520Kb/s, lightening quick load times on 99% of sites, now even PN's pages take an age to appear, I've started having problems streaming youtube videos, I wouldn't complain but I am paying over the odds for a premium Pro service and would expect consistent speeds, I dont think i'm being unreasnoble  Huh
brownb2
Grafter

Quote from: MakeTeaNotWar
My line syncs at 6000kbps usually so an IP profile of 4500 is way under and prior to yesterday and now tonight I've had consistent downloads of 520Kb/s, lightening quick load times on 99% of sites, now even PN's pages take an age to appear, I've started having problems streaming youtube videos, I wouldn't complain but I am paying over the odds for a premium Pro service and would expect consistent speeds, I dont think i'm being unreasnoble  Huh

I'm another pro user who is seeing the same problem tonight. I disconnected my router twice because I thought it was a local problem and my sync speed has dropped from 7598 to 6849 from just those two resets. mybroadbandspeed is showing what looks like traffic management problems somewhere, the speedo varies between 0.5Mbps and just over 2Mbps, stopping at each for a few seconds, (i.e. download completely stops) dropping back, jumping straight back up etc almost like the throughput was being metered - reach a certain limit then wait a few seconds before it will continue. I'm on thn-ag1