Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN Ip profile suddenly reduced but BT profile unchanged

edgeways
Grafter

PN Ip profile suddenly reduced but BT profile unchanged

Can anyone help with this issue please.
I have not posted under the " PN IP not updating" thread because this problem does not involve any change in my BT profile which has not changed and has remained constant throughout the last 9 months at 77.44 Mbps ( I am on 80/20 Fibre unlimited )
Suddenly yesterday my speed dropped to 5.43 down with 16.4 up, and upon checking I find that my Plusnet profile has been inexplicably reset to 5.5 instead of 77.44 This seems to have coincided with an unscheduled disconnect and immediate reconnect as shown on my router log .
The latest BT test shows :-  Down 5.2 , up 16.35, IP profile 77.44. This after trying a full reboot on the router.
Can any kind person at PN have a look at this please and maybe give the profile a nudge.
Thanks,
Mike (edgeways)
7 REPLIES 7
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: PN Ip profile suddenly reduced but BT profile unchanged

Hi Mike,
I'm really sorry that you've experienced a drop in speeds. It looks as though your connection rate did suffer a minor blip, hence the reason for the drop in profile.
I've updated your profile again, you should notice this kick in within the next 4 hours.
edgeways
Grafter

Thanks Chris,
Will monitor and advise.
Mike .
edgeways
Grafter

IP profile restored at 8.30 pm
Speed now back to normal ( 71.4 downstream)
Thanks for your help Chris -- excellent service.
Mike
greenpoole

Hijack of thread, but I seem to be having the same problem. The BT Wholesale speedtest says speed profile is normally between 38-39mb (sorry can't check exact figure as the site keeps crashing on me this evening) , but Plusnet current line speed is 3mb. Can you correct whatever drop has happened please?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi greenpoole,
I've updated the internal profile for you and I've replied to Ticket: 82527376 as this was in relation to the Speed Profile issue.
greenpoole

My current line speed has dropped again. On the site it is saying it is 28.2 Mb, 10 Mb lower than it should be. Can this be fixed again please?
I wanted to reopen my support question but this doesn't seem to be possible.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We're currently awaiting our suppliers systems to update the profiling on their side, this is usually done within 24 hours of your sync rate changing.
Once the profile has updated, the profile on our side will automatically be updated. There would be no benefit updating the profile before hand as the speeds would just remain the same.