cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2P speeds tumbled since switching product.

Azagoth
Grafter

P2P speeds tumbled since switching product.

Last billing day I switched from Extra (60GB) to Unlimited, but since then my P2P speeds have significantly dropped.  For instance, and we're talking early hours (like 01:00-04:00), torrents that used to max out my line speed only get 250kB/s at most and if I start more than one then the total bandwidth for all torrents is only 250kB/s.  That's the strange thing, they never seem to go over that speed at all, regardless of the time of day or amount of connected seeds/peers.
4 REPLIES 4
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: P2P speeds tumbled since switching product.

Could you check to see if there's any bandwidth limit set in your bit torrent client?
That's RPM to you!!
Azagoth
Grafter

It's set to unlimited, as it's always been.  The only change as been my switching product.
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Oh, also check there's no limit set for the actual torrent itself, as some torrent clients allow bandwidth to be set individually.
Other than that you shouldn't be seeing anything like this on the Unlimited product. One other possibility could be that you've been assigned the wrong profile by PN, this is a remote chance of happening but is possible. If you 'gateway hop' that should in theory get you on to the right profile if that is the problem here.
That's RPM to you!!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
The connection profile (in terms of traffic management) does seem to be right. I've decided to very briefly drop the connection and bring it back up from here so in the event of an incorrect profile not being visible to us (which is rare).
If this is still an issue please try running a wireshark capture whilst using P2P and let us know so we can check and see if we can identify a problem: http://www.wireshark.org/
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team