cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2P speeds and peak / off peak with BB+

kathie1101
Grafter

Re: P2P speeds and peak / off peak with BB+

I would love to know how to get decent speeds on P2P these days.  I am on BB Premier.  When I 1st signed up with Plusnet (3 1/2 years ago) speeds were fantastic I would regularly get 60k downloads(and that was when I was on 512k broadband) now I am extremely lucky if I get 20k - and that is the exception rather than the norm - more like between 2-5kb that I get day or night.  It is now almost impossible to use.
Kathie
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Which protocol is this? There's no problems with your usage, so if this is a profile issue it'll be a fault on our side. If you let us know what p2p services you use, and also if any other services seem slow, we can have a look for you.
kathie1101
Grafter

Quote from: orbrey
Which protocol is this? There's no problems with your usage, so if this is a profile issue it'll be a fault on our side. If you let us know what p2p services you use, and also if any other services seem slow, we can have a look for you.

Hi
Mainly I use Direct Connect, but recently I have tried uTorrent to see if I got better speeds (I didn't).  I do appreciate there are many factors to take into account with p2p that can effect the speed, but it really is bad all the time.  I have even tested on Direct Connect - trying to download a file from my brother who's on a different ISP who don't restrict the upload speed, my brother wasn't using his connection for any other internet activity at the time and I was still getting shocking low download rate.
Kathie
p.s sorry meant to say nothing else seems slow as a rule, just P2P.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries, I'll put a ticket through to our networks team to check your profile for you - you can check this in the portal in the usual place.
kathie1101
Grafter

Quote from: orbrey
No worries, I'll put a ticket through to our networks team to check your profile for you - you can check this in the portal in the usual place.

Thanks for your help, it would be great to be able to p2p again.
Kathie
spuddler
Dabbler

Hi,similar question,so i will post it here.
Now on BB+ ie peak hours should be 1600 to 2400?Was looking at upgrading to BBMY Option 3,but its more restrictive from what i can see on off peak hours.Most of the time i use Torrents for P2P they don't run that fast(even considering the throttling diffs between the two packages),so thinking i would not gain much(if not lose out)if i upgraded?Unless my torrent speed increased a fair bit(which i know is torrent dependent as well),what are peeps finding who have done a similar upgrade?.If i did upgrade how  long would i have before deciding if i wanted to go back to BB+?(if i definitely could?).
If i took advantage of the free modem/router,what would happen if i wanted to revert back to BB+?
My usage per month varies,sometimes low,sometimes high etc etc.
                      Cheers BOB
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
You would definitely see an improvement on torrent/P2P speeds at peak times.
You can compare the two products here to see exactly what the differences would be.
If you upgraded and opted to take hardware you would need to pay for the hardware should you choose to downgrade again.
spuddler
Dabbler

Hi,thanks,bit late replying back,hols etc
                      Cheers BOB