cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2P Connections on TG582n

Dodgexander
Grafter

P2P Connections on TG582n

I just wondered what settings people were using on their p2p clients for the TG582n?
Seems even on the lowest connections after a while, the router/modem seems unable to process any DNS requests from its configured servers.
(If I have alternate DNS on the PC it works fine).
7 REPLIES 7
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: P2P Connections on TG582n

Is this the Fibre version or ADSL version of the 582n and what's the Firmware version?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

p2p should work fine on a TG582n router without any specific config changes being made.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Dodgexander
Grafter

Every router or modem has a limit to how many concurrent connections it can handle and I believe the results are often posted in routers reviews.
I have the standard, non fiber version and even with just one torrent or game updating via p2p I either get a loss of DNS(I can download still, router stays up but can't visit websites. This goes away on its own but comes back again with continuous downloading via p2p. if downloading stops the device recovers to normal faster and the problem doesn't repeat.
Or, more rarely I get a reboot.
adie:quote
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

are you leaving your upstream uncapped when using p2p, if so that could be causing your issue.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Dodgexander
Every router or modem has a limit to how many concurrent connections it can handle and I believe the results are often posted in routers reviews.

I'm sure I read something recently specifically in relation to this and the 582n, and I thought it was somewhere on these forums, but I can't find it at the moment  Embarrassed
Dodgexander
Grafter

Quote from: dvorak
are you leaving your upstream uncapped when using p2p, if so that could be causing your issue.

Yes, my upload is limited.
Quote from: Anotherone
Quote from: Dodgexander

I'm sure I read something recently specifically in relation to this and the 582n, and I thought it was somewhere on these forums, but I can't find it at the moment  Embarrassed

Thanks, would be great to find something like this: http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanwan/router-charts/bar/77-max-simul-conn, concurrent connections is a major problem for a lot of routers and I have encountered a similar problem before. I am scared the amount this Technicolor router supports is very little.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

According to some Technicolor release notes for "Main Track Slotted Release R8.4.3 Maintenance 2", the maximum number of simultaneous connections was increased from 2000 to 4096, although that PDF doesn't specifically mention the TG582n, only various better models.