cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Owning the problem from beginning to end

gingerbloke
Grafter

Owning the problem from beginning to end

Not a criticism of PlusNet - this applies to all ISP who use BT lines.
I've had a line fault since May whereby the line is slowed to unusable speeds due to noise on the line. Unfortunately for me, this noise only tends to occur when the weather is windy - in severe cases actually losing dailtone.
I was previously with Orange, and they are utterly useless at dealing with anything that's outside the usual "Try another splitter", "we'll send another modem" type responses.  I left them and moved to PlusNet solely due to UK-based support and friends recommendation.
Tomorrow will be the sixth time that BT have attended the property, previous visits have failed to move the fault along either because :
- the line is well behaved when they call due to lack of wind.
- an ADSL engineer attends and doesn't 'do' line faults.
There seems to be a complete lack of fault continuity at the BTW / Openreach level - you'd think that they would stay on the fault until it's fixed*? Too much to ask? Surely the cost of visiting a property 6 times (so far) makes it worth fixing it properly in the first place?
To make things worse, the weather forecast for tomorrow's visit is NO wind........
Adam
* by fixed, I mean that either the customer or PlusNet support are satisfied that the job has been done or the 'call' remains open.
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Owning the problem from beginning to end

I guess just have tea and biscuits ready and try gentle persuasion, if you're not past that point already? I could understand if you were. I guess if you explain the situation he should take a look at it, but then if you've tried before... we've definitely explained the issue in the fault and engineer notes though.
Hope tomorrow's visit does get things sorted, if not we'll happily chase things if you post here. Sorry it's going on so long.
gingerbloke
Grafter

Re: Owning the problem from beginning to end

Hi Matt,
like I said, it's not a pop at PlusNet, the whole business model of many different ISPs layering their services onto BTW network seems to leave the customer 'in the middle' sometimes. You can see why people head back to BT as it gives them one neck to strangle Smiley
Here's hoping for tomorrow  Cheesy
Adam