cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overnight Loss of Internet Connectivity - Early Hours of 17/10/12

Spruance
Grafter

Overnight Loss of Internet Connectivity - Early Hours of 17/10/12

At around 00:30 today my internet connection dropped out. I have noticed in the past that this sometimes happens at this time of day but usually I am able to reconnect within a few minutes or maybe half an hour at the longest but last night it was still the same at 3am!!
There was no loss of DSL connectivity though which made me wonder if it was maybe planned maintenance either by Plusnet or at the local BT Exchange [EMBOSTO].
Router responses during my various reconnection attempts alternated between 'Authentication Failed' and 'Connection could not be established, could not bring up link', the latter of which I have not seen before. I even tried a manual restart of my TG582n but to no avail, and yet when I tried again a few minutes ago it connected straight away.
During the fault period the TG582n diagnostic tool showed a green tick for the (still running) DSL connection but a red cross against ATM with an explanation of 'No ATM connectivity detected on your DSL line', and also a red cross against sub-header PPP with 'Your connection is currently down' as the self evident explanation.
Whilst it is tempting to pin the blame on my recently supplied TG582n router, this has previously happened on occasion with the old Thomson 585v7, with the time of day - between midnight and around 1am as the common denominator.
Essentially I just want to rule out anything at my end as the cause of these internet outages.. So perhaps someone could have a look at the PN/BT maintenance schedules for last night?
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Overnight Loss of Internet Connectivity - Early Hours of 17/10/12

There was indeed some BT maintenance last night which could have affected people nationwide: http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1350317478.htm
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Spruance
Grafter

Re: Overnight Loss of Internet Connectivity - Early Hours of 17/10/12

Ok thanks for that Chris.  Smiley
I am a bit of a night owl so I guess that  I am more likely to notice these outages than a daytime user.  Wink