cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over an hours wait!

cbcadmin
Grafter

Over an hours wait!

Been trying to get through to technical help on the phone, but not had any joy. Sad
My broadband is due to move over to Plusnet on 7th December, but EE are saying they have already taken my line over. Plusnet login isn't working and my EE one just gives the BT Wholesale landing page.
Anyone got any bright ideas please?
I always thought transfers took a maximum of a couple of hours not a week!

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Vodafone FTTP via THG3000 & Three via ZTE MF286D

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
25 REPLIES 25
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Over an hours wait!

Hi Keeef,
We haven't transferred your service over yet.
The issue you described sounds like a fault so you will need the help of EE in this instance.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cbcadmin
Grafter

Any suggestions as to how I might persue EE that the fault is theirs? They insist the problem is because you have taken over my ADSL. Sad

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Adam,
Is it not the case that now there is a line take over order on this line the existing provider is not able to raise a (fault) order on the line?  We've seen the same situation on here before where PN is the loosing provider and the user has a fault.  The loosing provider is not able to raise a fault 'order' due to BTOR's stupid rules that there can be only one open order on a line at anyone time, be that a provide, cease or fault order.  And of course the new provider cannot raise a fault order as they do not presently own the line.
Due to matters beyond the control of EE or PN I suspect that this user is stuck in no mans land until the migration order completes or is withdrawn.  It is not so much EE's help that is required, but Ofcom's help to fix BTOR's unhelpful practices.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

cbcadmin
Grafter

Thanks for that clarification. Not worth the hassle of trying to sort this any longer as it is now (hopefully) just a few days from being resolved.
I will try and get some compensation though. Whilst I can see the ISP is not really at fault; It is always the customer that suffers. Sad
It is about time the ISPs took Ofcom to task, if they continue to make their job so difficult. Wink

cbcadmin
Grafter

Looks like the fault wasn't EE's in the end.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?topic=146348.new;topicseen#new
Still doesn't help me, but fingers crossed everything else will go smoothly.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I couldn't really say the fault wasn't EE's, however I certainly wouldn't push all of the blame on them.
Essentially from what I've seen/been told by our suppliers, there was a fault with the connection (EE's connection) however when the engineer went out and 'fixed' it they put things in place for our connection. But our connection won't work until the order completes, which can't happen until the phone order completes Sad
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
cbcadmin
Grafter

How about you push my order through early then? Wink

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I would if I could.
Unfortunately it's not something that will be possible in this situation.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
cbcadmin
Grafter

Like it's not possible to order the BB early?
What *is* possible?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The broadband order is already in place. It's a simultaneous broadband order that is expected to complete shortly after the completion of the phone order.
Unfortunately it does require the phone order to complete first, which is due to happen on 07/12/15.
Although I appreciate is not ideal and I do truly wish I could do more to help, the best advice I can give at the moment is to wait until Monday for our orders to complete.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
cbcadmin
Grafter

OK; let me put it another way. What can you offer in the form of compensation, seeing as how you aren't willing/able to correct the error?

cbcadmin
Grafter

Ok, so if you can't answer my question, I'd like to raise a formal complaint please.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,146409.0.html has been locked, so i can't continue the more relevant thread. Sad

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I had not seen your response yesterday.
I've now left a response to the complaint ticket you have raised on your account here https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=115601431
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
cbcadmin
Grafter

Thanks.
Seems very odd that EE should instruct BTO to do a transfer to yourselves, but ....
What was the problem BTO found?