cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over Four Weeks Without Broadband, No End In Sight!

philallsop43

Over Four Weeks Without Broadband, No End In Sight!

My activation date for fibre broadband was originally 27th December 2017, the last activation date I was given was yesterdat 25th January.

It's a good job I wasn't holding my breath as the whole day went with no activation. This morning I've had a message from Plusnet stating that due to another system error no engineer was assigned to the job!  This is I think the fourth attempt and now looks to be incompetence.

Even worse I now have to wait until 29th January to even find out when an engineer is going to be assigned. This is quite frankly unacceptable. Surely I should now be top priority (along with anyone else waiting this long with no service).

Why are Plusnet not sorting this out. I can't believe it should take this long to get a connection in 2018. I am being billed of course, what can I expect in compensation for my loss of service, hassle etc.  my Netflix and Amazon are now wasted money.

I regret ever moving from my previous supplier. Any help would be appreciated. I'm at my wits end!

3 REPLIES 3
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Over Four Weeks Without Broadband, No End In Sight!

Hi @philallsop43

Sorry to hear that you've had such a troubled sign-up journey.

Could you let me know if this is still an ongoing issue and I'll have a look into this for you?

I'd just need you to send me your username via a private message.

Thanks,

Dave

philallsop43

Thanks for the message, I got activated yesterday and it is working fine so far.  Speeds are varying at the moment but peaking at around 37Mbps.

Oddly enough though I've had an email from Plusnet this morning saying that :

"I have contacted our suppliers who can confirm your fibre order will be complete today and this will be at anytime up until midnight. The physical work of activation has completed but the automated activities are taking longer than expected.

We appreciate your continued patience."

I'm not sure what hasn't completed as we're up and running. Five weeks is very disappointing of course, I'm not sure if this is mostly down to Openreach.  My Son switched to BT Infinity from Sky ADSL on 27/12/17, which was the same day I was supposed to go live, his was activated on that day, so it seems there's a lot of luck involved.

Thanks for getting back to me.  

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @philallsop43

Glad this is all sorted now.

The message you received is likely either automated or based on a go-live date that was actioned "early" by our suppliers.

Pleased to hear you're up and running, if there's anything we can do, just let me know.

Thanks,

Dave