cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2003 help

TOTKO
Grafter

Outlook 2003 help

Because PN are unable to provide a decent spam filter and the recent fiasco with email accounts being hacked, I now forward all my primary account emails to my gmail account (which never fails to id spam) and then the good stuff gets forwarded back to a tweaked email address and I never pick up email from the original address.
I would like to be able to send email from the original address but when I try (the new mail screen is configured to accept a from address), I get the following error "503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA".
Can anyone help id a way around this error?  Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: Outlook 2003 help

Hi,
Is that the whole error message or do you get anything else? It's difficult to give a solution but I can make suggestions such as checking the outgoing server is relay.plus.net and check the sender's email address. If that's fine then I'd suggest deleting and recreating the mail profille and see if that fixes it.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Outlook 2003 help

I think this means you need to have received mail for that user from the POP3 server (within a short period) before the SMTP server will let you send a message as that user.
Since you have redirected mail for that user obviously there won't be anything to receive, but assuming the POP3 mailbox still exists I assume Outlook 2003 could still be set to pick up the (non-existent) mail from it to keep the servers happy.
David