cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2002 Settings

oldoak66

Outlook 2002 Settings

Hi - I'm new to PlusNet and I wonder if anyone can help.  I have searched for help but have found nothing specific to my needs.  Firstly - if I have 2 mailboxes and I want to set up Outlook to receive both - what settings do I put in under the account settings as the username is it "username+name" or is it just "username"?
Secondly - when I try to send an email from the PlusNet account I get the following message "503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA".  When I try to send an email to the PN accounts I get the following message "Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
    name@username.plus.com
Technical details of permanent failure:
DNS Error: DNS server returned answer with no data
I can send emails from both webmail accounts with no problem at all but I can't send anything to the accounts.
Sorry for rambling and I hope this all makes sense.  Any help appreciated.
Cheesy
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Outlook 2002 Settings

Rather then going through the settings in detail can you have a look here https://www.plus.net/support/email/setup/outlook.shtml and then come back if it doesn't help
With respect to the mailbox names they are in the form username+mailboxname - for example oldjim+jim is for a username "oldjim" and mailbox name "jim"
No these aren't my actual details  Grin
pierre_pierre
Grafter

it also depends on how long you have been new, it takes a while to set up the inboxes, a couple of days
Santiago
Grafter

I would start by reading through Plusnets Help assistant on email settings for Outlook here
Edit: Oops you were quicker than me Jim!
Quote from: oldoak66
Sorry for rambling ~snip~

That's Ok, there's plenty of ramblers on here Cheesy