cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outages Today

Boz
Rising Star

Outages Today

I've experienced a lot of outage problems with my adsl broadband today, and I was wondering what could have caused this.  And I've noticed that my upload speed has fallen off dramatically.  I've also discovered that I can't get through on the Plusnet helpline -  does it close down at the weekend?

5 REPLIES 5
flycatchers
Dabbler

Re: Outages Today

Same here. Either losing BB with router light still blue. Or losing it and router light goes red.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Please raise separate forum posts, having followed the broadband trouble shooter steps.

See the links below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your posts. I'm sorry for the issues you've had with your connections.

@Boz, Line tests are showing what's known as a high resistance imbalance fault. To rule out any issues with your internal wiring, I'd recommend plugging your router into the test socket, explained Here making sure there's no extension cabling between your router and the telephone socket.

Also do you have another router you can try? We'll be happy to send you a replacement free of charge if you don't, although this may entail asking you to recontract. I'd call our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 to discuss or arrange this. 

If you've tried the above^, I'd head on across to faults.plus.net to report a fault then post back and we'll be happy to arrange an engineer visit with you to investigate further. 

@flycatchers, You've actually got a fibre connection. Line tests also aren't showing issues for your service. Are your devices connecting onto your router via an ethernet cable, or wirelessly? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Boz
Rising Star

Hi Gandalf

Thanks for replying.  I’ve now had a response from Plusnet Support and they have given me a ticket number.  Apparently, they have instigated some changes to the broadband connection, and they’ve given me information such as: the SNRM Upstream is 25.5; and the workplace profile is mismatched – whatever that means.  But they haven’t explained why the outages occurred in the first place.

It’s been a long time since I’ve been asked to plug my router into the test socket, or indeed change routers.  I would have thought by now that we had gone well beyond that sort of advice. But the other thing I asked was about the help line number.  Has it changed and is it available at weekends?

Anyway, many thanks once again for responding.

Boz

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Boz,

The customer service number is still the same as before and our Support Team are available from 8AM-8PM every day of the week.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team