cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered and less than an hour got probs!!!

Kazbah
Grafter

Ordered and less than an hour got probs!!!

Ok, newbie here, not even sure this in right place but just wondering if anyone else has had nothing but trouble at such an early stage! I'm currently paying BT for my phone line and Tiscali for my BB, I decided two weeks ago it must be nearly time for a change so ordered my MAC code just incase and placed an order with Talktalk, a cheap option. Anyway, that failed today, god knows why and they cant give me an explanation so I hunted the net for another and stumbled across Plusnet. Couldn't believe it, a company with all those awards so cheap, got to be a catch! Mulled over it for a few hours and decided to go for it. I ordered online and printed the confirmation at 5.30pm and what do you know, by half 6 there was a problem whilst checking my details. Typical of my luck. Rang them and was told I needed to give a MAC code, which I had done on the online application, he checked this and said everything appeared fine and that message shouldn't have been on the order tracker. Just gone into my tickets and found what would appear to be some aspect of my call and additional information saying
'The Asset could not be found (our ref: 7028)
This is an ISP Migration Regrade account i.e the customer has requested the account to be regraded to the fastest speed the line can handle after the migration is complete.
This account is created inline with the customer's existing BT Product:  '
Can anyone tell me what this means and am I ever going to get away from the dreaded Tiscali. I thought it looked too good to be true, its not all downhill from here is it, surely???  Undecided
One more problem and I think i'm just going to give it up as a bad job!
65 REPLIES 65
hitachi
Grafter

Re: Ordered and less than an hour got probs!!!

A mac can only be used once,if taltalk used it you need a new one.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

One of the Comms team will possibly pick this up shortly. Smiley
If there are any about as I can't see one Undecided
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Kazbah
Grafter

Thanks for the push in the right direction putting psot in right place lol! I'm useless!  Wink
Talktalk didn't use the MAC code, they said they didnt need one but I did give it to Post Office however the order was never placed with them, would that be classed as using it?
Oh joy, just my luck, all out to lunch when I need them  Sad
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

At the worst James will pick it up in the morning - don't give up yet
Kazbah
Grafter

Thanks for the moral Jim, just hope it's all worth it in the end. Don't seem to have had any luck lately  Sad
Strat
Community Veteran

Just a point. A MAC is generally valid for 30 days before it expires.
Quote from: Kazbah
just hope it's all worth it in the end.

It will be worth it Kazbah and welcome to the Forum BTW and I hope you'll be around to post often. Smiley
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Kazbah
Grafter

Thanks Strat. My MAC is valid until 11th March so it's not that. The guy I spoke to when I rang said everything seemed fine so can't really understand it.
Santiago
Grafter

@kazbah
Welcome to the forums.
If you don't mind me asking, which broadband product did you sign up for Value, Unlimited or Pro?
Strat
Community Veteran

The guy I spoke to when I rang said everything seemed fine so can't really understand it.

Don't worry, we have a fantastic Comms team at Plusnet who are usually around the Forums and can often be seen to work miracles Wink
Kazbah
Grafter

TY santiago.
I signed up for Unlimited, I am also changing to Plusnet for my phone line too so its all in one bill
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Don't seem to have had any luck lately  Sad

You're escaping from Tiscali, TalkTalk and Post Office, and are now joining Plusnet. I'd say that's rather a lot of good luck.  Smiley
Welcome to the forums Kazbah - you'll like it here. (PN Orders No. 53 Section 4 Para 5 - Liking The Forums)
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Kazbah
Grafter

Don't worry, we have a fantastic Comms team at Plusnet who are usually around the Forums and can often be seen to work miracles Wink

Lol
I had noticed that some good did seem to come out of the forum hence the reason I decided to join, plus, it gives me something else to fill my time with other than ebay!! Roll_eyes
adie:blue Fixed quote
Kazbah
Grafter

Quote from: 4Candles
Don't seem to have had any luck lately  Sad

You're escaping from Tiscali, TalkTalk and Post Office, and are now joining Plusnet. I'd say that's rather a lot of good luck.  Smiley
Welcome to the forums Kazbah - you'll like it here. (PN Orders No. 53 Section 4 Para 5 - Liking The Forums)

TY 4Candles
Thats what I thought 2! Tiscali don't want to let me go lol! Tiscali truly are unrecommendable though!
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Can't disagree with that!
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)