cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order.. no progress? Support... vanishing? Billing... wrong! Otherwise great!

Niels
Hooked

Order.. no progress? Support... vanishing? Billing... wrong! Otherwise great!

Ordered upgrade to fibre around 3 weeks ago. New router arrived in a couple of days... great!

No news since Sad  Not great.

No problem, I'll update through the Support Ticket PlusNet raised especially for the order progress... Oh, it's been closed, with no means of reopening.

Jumped through the usual infuriating series of online hoops to find out what's going on, but no solution provided. And no way of opening a new ticket that I could discover.

Everything pointed me at opening an Online Chat or calling.

Every time I've tried the Online Chat in the last few days it's been unavailable.

So I risked an increase in blood pressure and called.

The relentlessly 'chummy' tones of the bot-voice apologised for the long delays due to 'unusually high' call levels - he's done that every time I've called - seems call levels are high as usual, rather than 'unusually'...

He cheerily suggested I went online to find an answer, or raise a Support Ticket!!! I hung up after 12 minutes...

So - what has happened to my fibre connection? Is nearly 3 weeks (and counting) usual/reasonable?

Also - I've been overcharged. I have an email confirming the amount I'd be paying. Just been billed nearly 15% more!

And what has happened to the once prompt/easy PlusNet Customer Service?

I'm sure PlusNet must be thinking business would be just great if it wasn't for those pesky customers wanting what they ordered within a reasonable timeframe at a price they agreed...

Exasperated!!!

9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Order.. no progress? Support... vanishing? Billing... wrong! Otherwise great!

Hi Niels,

Apologies for the difficulties getting in touch. It's something we're working hard to improve on at present.

I can see you raised a complaint and I'm glad to see that my colleague Phil has picked this up and has responded in full.

I noticed the only question raised here that wasn't on the ticket relates to was relating to billing. Our prices have changed recently and we've emailed customers to notify them of this so you might want to double check your messages regarding that. If you need to see a breakdown of your bills to see how the charges break down those can be found here: https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=view_transactions&s=0

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Niels
Hooked

Re: Order.. no progress? Support... vanishing? Billing... wrong! Otherwise great!

OK, things seem to be moving (or at least I'm told they are...).

Regarding billing - I started a new 18 month contract on an agreed charge for those 18 months. The first bill has come in at 15% over that agreed amount. I don't think that's strictly ethical - or in fact legal?

Hope you can sort it out...

Not that it should matter, but I've been a PlusNet customer for 10+ years and feel a sense of (misplaced perhaps?) loyalty toward PlusNet. Just hoping some of that goodwill is reciprocated...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

From what I can see we haven't charged you for fibre yet. Can you advise us where you think you've been overcharged?

Cheers

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Niels
Hooked

I recently received email notification of my new tariff 15% higher than agreed (and contracted). This is not acceptable.

Surely Plusnet has records of agreed prices and what it's actually charging me?

This constant going forwards an backwards is costing me a LOT of time and hassle - it shouldn't have to be this way. 

Plusnet promotes its 'award winning customer service' relentlessly, but the reality seems very different - it didn't used to be this way.

I am losing the will to live...

Sad

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That's for your broadband service as your fibre hasn't activated yet. However from reading your complaint ticket I believe your case handler has agreed to refund the broadband charge in full to you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Niels
Hooked

Firstly, this support 'system' of communication via the community forum is very confusing - it's the first time I've used it as the usual means of 'ticketing' seems to have been abandoned.

So, yes, I have received an email to say part of my charges will be refunded. Not exactly generous given the hoops I've had to jump through trying to get to the bottom of this and correct mistakes entirely of Plusnet's making. But better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick I suppose.

But STILL, no acknowledgement that, once fibre is in place (and I have just received notification that it is now set up) Plusnet seems to want to continue to bill me 15% more per month than agreed and contracted going forward.

I am expecting to pay £34 ish a month for 18 months, yet my payment notification states it will be nearly £40 a month.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry for the delay in responding, I believe we've since resolved this via the ticket on your account?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Niels
Hooked

Hi, yes, things are up and running now.

I delayed replying as there do seem to be a couple of glitches and I recall being advised there may be teething problems for a few days.

There are two issues.

First, the line regularly drops intermittently for a few seconds. We lose connection completely - today I was cut off the phone when it dropped. I was trying send an email at the same time, which wouldn't send for a few minutes. The blue router light was flashing orange during this time. This happens several times a day and at any time of day, affecting TV streaming and online gameplay.

Secondly, speed is well down on expectation. I realise we are not going to get the 38mb speed our plan potentially offers, but were advised we'd get 8-14, so realistically expected 10-12mb. I have just tested the connection and the speed was 6.04mb (much the same as our previous copper connection).

The test result is:

http://www.broadband.co.uk/broadband-speed-test/results:1685794252/

So, with speed much the same as before and with the connection dropping frequently, I think we're  actually worse off than before making the change to fibre...

Anyway, any help you can offer in addressing these issues would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Niels

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Line tests are picking up a potential issue

I've raised this through to Openreach now

We'll keep you updated via this ticket when we have more info

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet