Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Process, friendly question

RCrozier
Grafter

Order Process, friendly question

Okay, so I've ordered Unlimited Fibre, but I've got a few questions for you:
"We'll arrange for an engineer to come and install your new phone service. We'll arrange for an engineer to come and install your new phone service. If your preferred appointment isn't available we'll contact you to arrange another one.
Once your phone service has been installed, your broadband will be activated. This will take 5-7 working days from when your phone service has been installed.
Fibre
Your Plusnet Fibre broadband order
We'll arrange for your fibre broadband and phone service to be installed. This will happen on 04/11/2013"
1) I've not heard a peep about this. The 4th of Nov is coming along and nobody has contacted me regarding installation of a "phone service". Is this normal? Apparently it will take 5 to 7 working days for my broadband to work AFTER they install the phone service. (Oh, and according to the first line, I'm going to have TWO engineers coming to install a new phone service. First two sentences are duplicate.). So does this mean I have to wait 5 to 7 MORE days until after 4th of Nov?
"First payment
We've taken payment for your account.
You can view transactions in My Account."
2) That's fine, I'm happy to pay for my broadband. Problem is with an item further down the list, "We'll take the first subscription payment for your broadband service.". That initial payment already had a subscription charge, so I hope I won't be billed twice, will I?
3) My broadband "modem", still not acquired or being shipped out. When is this due to happen?
9 REPLIES 9
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Order Process, friendly question

Welcome to the forums Smiley
With regards to point 3, BT supply the modem and PN the router. BT will bring the modem on the day and your PN router should be posted out a few days before.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RCrozier
Grafter

Hi and thanks dvorak,
I am expecting the PlusNet router at some point. Currently I have no internet at my house and I'm an IT professional - so this really hurts.
Point number 1 is my main concern.
"We'll arrange for your fibre broadband and phone service to be installed. This will happen on 04/11/2013"

The way that sentence is structured leaves a very big margin for interpretation. Technically it says that they will arrange for my fibre BB and phone service to be installed and that this will happen on 04/11/2013. What will happen though? Will both services be installed? Will just the phone be installed and then wait?
Lack of internet is killing me!
I do also see that they say they try to get these installed on the same day.
Sorry guys, lack of internet is driving me crazy.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Being a phone and fibre order my guess - I emphasise guess - is that the phone line will be installed first, then later in the day fibre broadband, both happening on 4th November.
However the Digital Care Team staff who respond in the forums should be along tomorrow to provide you with an official answer. Fingers crossed. Wink
David
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi RCrozier,
I'm really sorry that we haven't communicated the status of your order effectively in this case. An engineer will be visiting your premises on 8am-1pm to complete the telephone order. An broadband engineer is due to attend within the same time slot to complete the installation of your Fibre service.
Your router should be with you very shortly and well in time for your installation.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

It's more likely that 1 engineer will come and do both tasks.  Enable the phone line at exchange.  Run a new line from cab to premises then go back to cab and exchange to enable fibre.  More likely that once he fits the new master hew will put a FTTC faceplate in then leave to enable fibre and will ring you to instruct you how to connect.
This was my case.
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
RCrozier
Grafter

Thanks Chris for the feedback and no real need to feel bad/sorry,
looking forward to finally have internet at my house. The choice to choose PlusNet was based on the fact that:
1) Highest priority for me is for gaming - latency is key here - QoS makes sense to me so I have no issues.
2) PlusNet actively seems to help users with queries and problems, which of course lends itself to number 1. This is the biggest factor which led me to opt for PN. If it weren't for the transparent network condition feedback and the great job the Digital Care team take in trying to assist users, I probably would've gone with Sky.
I'm hoping everything will go smoothly but I always tend to anticipate the worst, DLM going insane or what have you.
@NorthEasterner
There is already a master socket NTE5 so I assume (I hope correctly) there is already a line running to the cabinet.

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Okay.  It's probably just the case of the engineer re activating the phone and upgrading the master socket
Which ISP where you with before?Huh
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
RCrozier
Grafter

@NorthEasterner
Technically none but I've used Sky in the past and they seem decent. I've just recently moved into my new place and before that I was out of the country for some time.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Oh I see.  Also welcome back to broadband!!
It is just the case of the line being re activated in this case