cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options In Having Upload Speed Uncapped?

PembsPanther
Grafter

Options In Having Upload Speed Uncapped?

Morning all
Our service is all back to normal now however with this being a new provision our upload speed is now back to being capped at around 0.25 Mbps, completely useless especially for gaming and rdp'ing etc so what are the options now to have this uncapped, what is available and at what cost?
Thanks in advance  Wink
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Options In Having Upload Speed Uncapped?

Given that 0.25Mbps is much lower than normal capped - what are your router stats
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I expect we'll see 448kbps for the Upstream as IIRC it's 20CN, but 0.25Mbps does seem slow if that's from a speed test. I'd try several speed testers to check consistency if the sync speed of 448 is correct.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

As Anotherone has recalled correctly the OP is on 20cn.
We can uncap the upload but this is at £7.83 a month.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

to be pedantic
it doesn't uncap the upload it just raises the cap to 832kbps
PembsPanther
Grafter

Thanks for the replies much appreciated Smiley
The profile is 0.45Mbps but in real world testing on the BT Wholesale site it achieved 0.29 and on speedtest.net it achieved 0.25, either way TERRIBLE!
The "fix" is the same as last time, still unsure exactly what the £7.83 is paying for as in what am I using extra that is actually costing PN extra money to provide but this at the moment is the only thing I can do so Matthew please could you go ahead and place the order for this please, it should shut my son up for a whole hopefully as his Xbox One lag is just dire!
Really fed up with different prices for this that and the other and this market area rubbish just another way of ripping me off!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I've placed the order for you and that'll complete tomorrow.
In terms of pricing unfortunately it's what we get charged by our suppliers I'm afraid to provide the 832kbps upload.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
PembsPanther
Grafter

Thanks Matthew much appreciate  Wink
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

PP,
As Jim asked, can you post your router stats please.  There is a marked difference between synch speed and data speed.  I'd be concerned that you will not see much difference in DATA speed if there is a residual issue with your line.
CN20 service is what it is - higher upload speeds come at £++  on 21CN services, the US can be uncapped for £0 - its what BT Wholesale sell to the ISPs.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.