cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option3 free router?

Azagoth
Grafter

Option3 free router?

Sometime in the next few weeks I'm going to be going from my current Option2 to Option3.  So, can anyone explain how I go about getting the free 4-port wireless router that comes with that option.  I ask, because when I went from BB+ to Option2 I never received the free 1-port router that I was promised, and recently my mate (the referral on my account) upgraded his package to Option3 and received his router nearly straight away (well, 2-3 days anyway).
So, what hoops do I have to jump through to actually receive the free hardware this time and are there any hidden costs that I'm not aware of?
Thanks in advance.
12 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Re: Option3 free router?

Hi Azagoth,
There would be a P&P charge of £6.99 and a deferred charge of £50 if you were to leave within 12 months.
You can request the router by just raising a ticket and someone in the CSC shuld pick it up fairly quickly.
Azagoth
Grafter

I tried that last time and they refused to take the P&P from my Direct Debit and said that I needed a secondary payment method, which is confusing.  Would it be possible for me to use a family members' credit/debit card to pay the P&P as I don't have access to a secondary payment method myself.
Community Veteran

In several words, yes.
Just add the card to your accout and when the payment has been made remove it again.
Azagoth
Grafter

OK, thanks muchly.  Smiley
Community Veteran

And FYI if you find you can't remove the card (some have reported not being able to) ring CS and ask for the card details to be removed.
N/A

Might be useful to have a reference to 'test' credit card details at this juncture:
They are details that have been issued by the card companies themselves, so that folks who write code into programs/websites that check for valid details can ensure that their masks are valid.
The details won't work for purchases (obviously I guess) but can also be used to replace valid details on sites which will only allow you to change your details rather than update them.
linky
The_10th
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Hi Azagoth,
There would be a P&P charge of £6.99 and a deferred charge of £50 if you were to leave within 12 months.
You can request the router by just raising a ticket and someone in the CSC shuld pick it up fairly quickly.

The postage has increased then from £5.99 last year and router price is reduced to £50 then.
I take it that customers that redeemed their routers last year would still have to pay £65 or would it be £50?
TIA
James
Grafter

Sorry, I think I'm missing something, where is the £65 figure coming from?
Regarding the £5.99 to £6.99 change, we recently moved back to Parcel Force from HDN.  HDN allowed us to keep the prices as they were, but unfortunately offered a poor level of service.  As Parcel Force are more expensive to use, but offer a better level of service, we unfortunately needed to make a slight change in pricing.
The_10th
Grafter

Thanks for clearing up the postal charge increase.
Quote from: Jameseh
Sorry, I think I'm missing something, where is the £65 figure coming from?...

That was the price for the 'free' router if leaving within a year of taking it.
James
Grafter

Yeah, Chris pointed that out to be after I posted.
The prices will be the same as they were at point of sale.
Azagoth
Grafter

So, what is the best time to put in for an upgrade from Option2 to Option3?  Will it be just before or just after the next payment?
James
Grafter

I imagine that just before your next invoice date would be ideal.