cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening a closed question

ajpee
Grafter

Opening a closed question

I am trying to respond to a question which has been closed. All lines of communication with Plusnet seem to be impossible to access. Interminable phone waiting, Chat not available and for some strange reason Plusnet seems to be quite happy to communicate with me by email but will not allow me to communicate with them by email by return, strange. 

12 REPLIES 12
LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Opening a closed question

I think you search and  find your question here,

Then ask another question with reference to the original question number

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22963&wizard_id=38

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

All lines of communication with Plusnet seem to be impossible .... Chat not available

From this post

There have been a lot of reports about the Chat service being UNavailable to residential users, even though there has been a lot of reassurance that residential users should NEVER see “unavailable” .... Access via “Help and Support” will always report UNAVAILABLE, whereas access via “Contact us” will report the correct status - available / busy / closed - but never unavailable to residential users.

Plusnet have a resolution to this planned for release later in the year. In the meantime, please attempt to access chat via “Contact Us” before reporting that the service is unavailable.

(my bold)

ajpee
Grafter

I had tried this option but it would not accept my question. However, a more cryptic question has been accepted. Thank you for your response.

ajpee
Grafter

@DS wrote:

All lines of communication with Plusnet seem to be impossible .... Chat not available

From this post

There have been a lot of reports about the Chat service being UNavailable to residential users, even though there has been a lot of reassurance that residential users should NEVER see “unavailable” .... Access via “Help and Support” will always report UNAVAILABLE, whereas access via “Contact us” will report the correct status - available / busy / closed - but never unavailable to residential users.

Plusnet have a resolution to this planned for release later in the year. In the meantime, please attempt to access chat via “Contact Us” before reporting that the service is unavailable.

(my bold)

I did access Chat via Contact Us, hence my comment. Thank you for your response.

DS
Seasoned Champion

I did access Chat via Contact Us, hence my comment. Thank you for your response.

Okay and no problem.

If it shows unavailable, then it could due to some of the reasons given here

But at least you've managed to be able to communicate with them.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, we can't re-open a closed ticket but you can PM me on here or reply to 169594033 letting us know what you wanted to respond with. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@DS wrote:

If it shows unavailable, then it could due to some of the reasons given here

Indeed - precision with words is essential for clear communication.  There is a significant difference between...

• Unavailable
  • Busy
  • Blocked

Reporting all of the above as "unavailable" obscures matters.

Residential users via Contact Us should never see "Unavailable" if they do, it points to an infrastructure issue.  Unavailable via Help & Support is a known problem.

Busy simply means that right now all agents (for the chosen subject matter) are busy - you should try again in a few minutes.

Blocked mans that something you have installed on your computer is inhibiting the normal functionality of the chat technology.  Remove all browser adds on until the culprit is identified.  Then contact that product's support provider to ask why they are blocking the use of legitimate support software.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ajpee
Grafter

@DS Thank you for your prompt response!  I am sure your post is intended to be helpful but it is a little pompous. If I say Chat was "unavailable" that is what I meant to say, regardless of the reason why it may not have been, that is another issue altogether. Did I say I saw "unavailable"? I appreciate support can be busy but 3 visits on 3 days with the same outcome is a bit much. As it is the matter was resolved by a much more helpful answer. Any comment on the email issue?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi @ajpee,

I think you might be referring to my response, not @DS.  For clarity I'm a customer just like you and they.

Not intended to be pompous in any manner, but precise.  There are issues here which the super users are seeking to monitor in the context of which, distinguishing between the chat service reporting the "unavailable status" and users generically saying its "unavailable" is very important.

It was only after weeks of digging and clarifying user's generic "its unavailable" statements that it was 'discovered' that Chat is ALWAYS 'unavailable' via the Help & Support route and there were other factors making it "unavailable" for others via Contact Us.  If you were accessing this via Contact Us and you saw the words "unavailable" then you'd be an exception case we'd need to know more about, because you should never see "unavailable".

Email issue - do you mean there's no support route via unstructured emails?  The support routes which are available are connected with your account / the CRM system ... something which communication via email does not facilitate.  Sadly the really useful gat side lined a couple of years ago for residential users.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DS
Seasoned Champion

In case the post was for me.

I do apologise for the confusion between not available and unavailable. I did highlight (in bold) both on my original post on this thread.

As the options, afaik, should be available / busy / closed I must admit I personally have not seen it as not available, but clearly you have seen it in this format.

As you were able to contact them, I acknowledged this in my second post. I apologise further for referring to unavailable in my second post, though the reasons given in that link might have helped track down why you were not able to chat with PN via their live chat facility.

As Adam pointed out, closed tickets cannot be opened again and did give you a method to contact them.

A possible reason why live chat was not available could have been due to the weather - this link shows weekend residential opening hours the this weekend.

I shall remove my email subscription to this thread immediately after posting, but offer this link as it gives you the waiting times for calling plusnet, which is updated every 15 mins. From there you may be able to find a quiet time and call them as needed. I hope you resolve your problem(s) soon.

ajpee
Grafter

My apologies, I included your tag in that post by accident. The top and bottom of it is, if Plusnet had not closed my question before establishing that it had been satisfactorily dealt with the problem would not have arisen. Thanks for your help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear that. I'll take a look at your ticket now.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet