cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening Ports Issues on 2704N

mppsolutions

Opening Ports Issues on 2704N

Hello,
This is really frustrating and was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue, i have opened all the ports needed on my router to connect my server but ports 110 and 1723 will not let traffic through, under port forwarding its showing as done but there not, all the other ports i have opened work like 25, 80, 443 . I have done this many times and never had an issue. To me without much experience on these router i think the router is faulty. Anyone any ideas or seen this before,
Many Thanks

Simon
5 REPLIES 5
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Opening Ports Issues on 2704N

Check your Plusnet firewall settings, just in case.  http://www.plus.net/support/security/firewalls/broadbandfirewall.shtml
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Presumably your servers respond when you try to access them locally using these ports?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

mppsolutions

Quote from: aesmith
Check your Plusnet firewall settings, just in case.   http://www.plus.net/support/security/firewalls/broadbandfirewall.shtml

I have checked there and its off
mppsolutions

Quote from: Bob
Presumably your servers respond when you try to access them locally using these ports?

yes I can connect from other devices from that port to the server,
I have noticed that when I set it to TCP then log back into the router its changed to UDP by its self,
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

That is odd Huh
Perhaps something is using UPnP to open sessions across those ports? I've not encountered this issue before and haven't got a 2704 at hand to mess around with at present.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵