cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenReach DSL Light Off

Demostrike
Dabbler

OpenReach DSL Light Off

Yesterday at 7pm (confirmed by my internet ping graph) the DSL light went out on my OpenReach modem for Plusnet fibre. It has yet to come back on.
I'm assuming its a line fault between me and the cabinet...my phone line is OK, can make, receive + hear clearly calls. Has an engineer knocked out my fibre cable in the cabinet? I have opened a support ticket but yet to see a non-automated response.
10 REPLIES 10
Demostrike
Dabbler

Re: OpenReach DSL Light Off

In addition I see no mention of my area/cabinet on the scheduled maintenance list.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Demostrike,
I've just updated your Fault Ticket - we require an engineer to visit to investigate and restore service for you. If you could reply back to Ticket: 86475647 - I'd be happy to get you an engineer booked in.
smhartley
Grafter

I have also lost all Internet connection - dsl light out. A ticket has been raised after I phoned technical support. I had to phone as I have no Internet, I'm having to write this on my phone on 3g. I was told that it would take at least 3 days to fix the fault but there was no mention of booking an engineer visit. Can someone please let me know if I will need an engineer visit as I will need to take time off work. Thanks
Demostrike
Dabbler

I have replied to your response this morning.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Demostrike - I've just replied to your ticket and booked in an engineer for you.
@smhartley - Our Faults Team will be back in touch ASAP. We've got your ticket in hand (Ticket: 86562686).
smhartley
Grafter

Thanks Chris, I hope it doesn't take too long, I've a daughter doing AS exams right now and she needs the Internet for revision
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Any ideas when you could be available for an engineers visit, smhartley?
smhartley
Grafter

Any time you can arrange it I will sort out the time off work, but the best time would be tomorrow morning or Friday morning, assuming that there is no chance for today 😉
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem. There wasn't any availability for tomorrow morning, so I've booked you in for Friday morning (between 8am-1pm).
smhartley
Grafter

Thanks Chris