cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Reach [-Censored-] up?

markrbalcombe
Grafter

Open Reach [-Censored-] up?

I wonder how an office block or hospital ever gets phone lines up and running when Open Reach (OR) fails to deliver one fibre line but two dsl lines instead. We have OR two sockets here when we needed two lines. One was stopped some time ago and now in a balls up delivering fibre it is now working again - only it does not have a number and only has "the number you dialled has not been recognised" refrain. Both lines from Open Reach sockets only deliver dsl. I pity larger organisations when this service can't be delivered to a bog standard house.

8 REPLIES 8
markrbalcombe
Grafter

Re: Open Reach [-Censored-] up?

Get this commissioning ceased my line and re-provided it on the spare line - unsuccessfully. Hence I have a phone line working and some dsl and another line which can dial BT operator but can't recognise anything else. Unbelieveable or what. Commissioning take the biscuit.

markrbalcombe
Grafter

Interestingly I had to ask for fibre on two separate occasions. The first time the order simply wasn't placed so when nothing happened I rang up and ordered it again - this time with the PlusNet router. The router arrived. The Email claiming it would be up and running on Sunday September 4, 2016. So if you order something from PlusNet what you do is more apparent than real.Undecided

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi markrbalcombe,

I can see that a fault has been raised on your account and this is currently being tested with our faults team and our suppliers and an update will be available through the ticket in this link https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=133245519

markrbalcombe
Grafter

This is not going to happen is it. It's an absolute time wasting exercise. We have two lines and one dsl service the other God knows. What you are playing at there baffles me. Did I expect it to work after your Email? The answer is no. What I also don't like is having to go through the motions with the router resetting it changing from dsl back to WAN and so on. It really bugs me. From my standpoint it seems you guys are spitting in the wind

markrbalcombe
Grafter

What I DO want is NOT be charged for this services when it IS'NT working.

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

I can't see that you have mentioned it so have you dialled 17070 on your two lines to see what it reports as your line allocation?

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
markrbalcombe
Grafter

Thanks for the tip. Yes we have a another line in the camp as it were. Number I have never heard of. Not good. Bloody Open Reach or PlusNet. How did that happen?

markrbalcombe
Grafter

A Trojan line.