cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only able to connect to Plusnet website.

FIXED
Cbrennan
Hooked

Only able to connect to Plusnet website.

Good morning,

Our go live date was yesterday 31/08 and we set everything up without a hitch. When attempting to connect to the WiFi or via ethernet, it will state that we are connected to the network and there shouldn't be any problems but the only pages we can access are either the hub manager or the Plusnet website. Community.plus.net doesn't work but the help article at the top of the hub manager will.

Light is currently solid blue.
Checked the cables are going into the microfilter correctly.
Rebooted the router multiple times.
Checked multiple devices via WiFi and ethernet.
Waited until after midnight on the activation day.

If you could please look into the account, I would appreciate it, I did setup this account with the username.

Thanks,
Craig
8 REPLIES 8
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Only able to connect to Plusnet website.

Cbrennan
Hooked

Hey, thanks for the speedy response. It is the hub one, do these get automatically set?
Tricky for me to check as I needed to work from home today due to trouble with the car and due to the network issue I am currently sitting in Starbucks using their WiFi for work.
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

On that router you can't adjust DNS Settings; locked down by PN.
You could try entering them on your main device, to see if it helps.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Fix

Did you configure the Hub One with your username/password OR are you letting the autoconfigure do it's thing ?

If it's the latter then I would guess that your PlusNet account hasn't been activated for some reason. If so , then try Chat (if it's working!) or give the CSC a call.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Cbrennan
Hooked

Hey, tested that on my laptop, no change. Thanks for the advice though. We are calling through to customer services now.
Cbrennan
Hooked

Couldn't seem to find an option on the hub manager to configure the username and password. Only password reset, must be autoconfigured as it's set to setup@plusdsl.net. On the phone to customer service now.
Cbrennan
Hooked

Typically on the phone on hold for 16 minutes and it suddenly started working. Noticed that the username had changed from setup@plusdsl.net to username@plusdsl.net

Thanks for taking the time with your suggestions
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Craig,

Sorry about the rocky start. Let us know if you have any further issues.

Thanks,
Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet