Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only 14 weeks... can i leave?

Butlinsbabe
Dabbler

Only 14 weeks... can i leave?

Hi

Only been with you for 14 weeks but had no end of trouble....

a direct debit date that cant be changed and comes out 2 days before my monthly payday.

a £2.50 charge and drop in services for not paying my bill on your direct debit date and instead paying a few days later...

a price change after being with you for only 1 week..

Two different outages, the latest one lasting over 24hrs to which i spent over an hour talking to someone last night. Apparently the fault is at my end and the box just needed switching off for an hour. Given that we tried that then left it switched off all night while we slept, its still didn't work this morning at 6am, nor is it on now.  The fault which i did inform the guy about last night i think is in the street cab or exchange as my parents lost their service too for most of the day yesterday (they live on the same street 3 doors away) and are with sky but their service, although a little slower, is back on.

We were with Sky for over 5 years and never had a connection or outage once at two different addresses. We choose plusnet as sky's prices became too much and we were referred by a friend. 

I wish i had not bothered and just paid for skys better service.

I was previously advised in an earlier chat (not sure if online or via the phone) that i could cancel my contract due to the direct debit issue. If this still stands please cancel, as I've had enough. I do feel that you've not supplied me with the standard i expect nor have you "done me proud".

Our TV is also run through the internet, so we have no tv and no internet. Thankfully it was nice yesterday and today so we've managed to get outside but mornings and evenings are tough with a two year old who wants to watch paw patrol.

If its not too much trouble could you confirm how much it would be to leave you and go back to sky and how long its likely to be without the internet?

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Only 14 weeks... can i leave?

Hi there, I do apologise for the price increase, we did have this advertised on our website for a period before it went through and emailed all customers affected with at least 30 days notice of this.

Unfortunately we are unable to alter billing dates, this is set based on the starting date of your service with us.

We'll need to arrange an engineer to investigate as the next step, I've updated the fault ticket with the information required.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Butlinsbabe
Dabbler

To save you the cost of an engineer let me know how much to leave now?
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

You'll not be charged unless fault is found with your properties wiring, ie downstream of your master
socket.
Have you tried to help yourself via links below?Huh
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I think the Op wants to cancel the contract, and not pursue any fault investigation.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Which seems strange as they will go into a fault situation with a new supplier. Perhaps better to get the current fault fixed before any rash moves.

Butlinsbabe
Dabbler

I read that I'd have to pay a cessation fee to go back to Sky as Sky use different technology to what plusnet use. So therefore this fault issue would remain with plusnet. As my parents broadband is up and running now and ours isn't I can only assume it's a plusnet problem. By all means send your tech out sort the problem out but I shall still be cancelling.
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I've provided an update to your ticket advising of your contract early termination fees should you like to cancel. We'd be happy to get this fixed for you but to do that it's looks like we'll need to arrange an engineer visit.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@Butlinsbabe wrote:
I read that I'd have to pay a cessation fee to go back to Sky as Sky use different technology to what plusnet use. So therefore this fault issue would remain with plusnet. As my parents broadband is up and running now and ours isn't I can only assume it's a plusnet problem.

That is a rash presumption which is only likely to lead to disappointment.  Between your home and the BT exchange, all ISPs, including Sky (but excluding Virgin media) use the same BT Openreach network.

The fact that your service does not work and your parents does has nothing to do with you each paying a different ISP for your service.

Whilst Sky use different in-exchange equipment and back haul to that provided by BT Wholesale as used by many ISPs including Plusnet, issues in that part of the solution are rare.  It is therefor highly likely that changing ISPs is not going to make this issue disappear ... unless it turns out to be a circuit termination issue on the exchange distribution frame.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Butlinsbabe
Dabbler

Plusnet have replied to me and I do have to pay a £30 sessation fee.
Butlinsbabe
Dabbler

An engineer is booked for today. Hopefully he can resolve the issue. Then I can put my notice in with plusnet and go back to Sky.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Would be interesting to hear what the engineer finds wrong on your line. You might care to ask if the found fault would have caused the same issue ... if you'd been paying your hard earned dosh to Sky instead?

Key question is "Where was the fault - in exchange or in the 'last mile' network infrastructure?".

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Do let us know how the engineer visit goes.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Butlinsbabe
Dabbler

Engineer has been. Spent 2mins in our house fiddling with router then said he needed to go to the exchange. He'd be half hour or so. Came back, walked in and said yep that's sorted it. Glad it's been sorted. Could the person who pm'd me about the leaving charges reply to my query about the price differences. Then I'll ring sky and move over.