cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online gaming isnt possible

Dwivvc
Grafter

Online gaming isnt possible

past week my ms has been so high i've been unable to play. This is the only reason I have plusnet not your *charming* call centre staff nor my currently over priced package I would like my high ms to be resolved

3 REPLIES 3
shure
Grafter

Re: Online gaming isnt possible

Hi there,
have you tried a different gateway?  Sometimes that can help if the one you're on is having problems
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

hi,
i take it your refering to ping time, it would help to know what game it is your trying to play and what your ping is that you consider unuseable, most games cater for the fact that pings will be in the range of 80>150ms by the time they reach the server but pings of under 200ms generally are considered playable.
it would also help if when complaining about things like this you take a s/s of a tracert or ping plotter showing what the problem is (so plusnet can see where the problem is in the route) which allows them to comment and or act .....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi,
I'm really sorry to hear that you've been unable to play games due to a high ping rate. I've taken a look at your line and have been unable to see anything on our side that might be causing issues with gaming. The package that you are currently on does restrict gaming traffic to 2Mb but this shouldn't cause any problems. Do you have any background programs running or any downloads on another PC that might be having a knock on effect? (It shouldn't do but it is possible).