cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing speed problems

terryhawkins
Hooked

Ongoing speed problems

Ref ticket 65042627 (only the last post done by your team at the weekend, but is not related to the original ticket which was resolved)
For a couple of weeks I have been having major problems with my internet speed, last week interleaving was switched on to help stablise the connection.
Randomly my speed drops from around 6-8mbps to 0.02mbps (BT speed tester). I am connected to the master socket and using a wired connection.
On Saturday evening I had low speed for a couple of hours, during that time I changed my filter, connected to test socket, changed router cable and tried a different router. Nothing bought the speed back up. Then randomly, it comes back up to the usual speed.
I called Plusnet and they said there were errors on the line and it would be reported to faults, but I should keep testing the speed and running the BT diagnostics.
So, Sunday evening I have the same problem (different time though). I can't get the speed tester diagnostics to load because of the poor connection so I call Plusnet to run the tests for me. The guy I spoke to told me he couldn't see any errors on the line and that everything seemed fine.
Yesterday all seemed OK yet this morning I am having speed issues again. Rebooted the router just to double check but no, speed problems still there.
Does anyone have any ideas what might be the problem?
One of my neighbours who is also with Plusnet have similar issues, sometimes at the same time as me (they did Saturday), however sometimes these happen at separate times.
2 REPLIES 2
terryhawkins
Hooked

Re: Ongoing speed problems

Would just like to add that I never had any problems before I switched to Unlimited and would have (and did) recommended Plusnet to everyone.
I have seen posts mentioning that Plusnet is overloaded, is that the case?
I have a static IP and my problems seem to last longer than my neighbour's, just wonder if that has anything to do with it.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Ongoing speed problems

Hi there,
I can see that our faults team have performed some work on your line and also updated your fault ticket.
How's your connection at the moment?