cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing fault and terrible service

SeriouslyFedUp

Ongoing fault and terrible service

Has anyone got any advice on how to get a line fault fixed with plusnet? We lost our internet connection on the 15/12/19 and then discovered we had no dial tone. Upon reporting the fault we were told it was an external fault with the phone line and therefore Openreach's responsibility. Fair enough. We were told an engineer would be sent to fix it on 18/12/19, which didn't happen - they apparently came out but couldn't fix it without a hoist, and that we'd be updated about the situation afterwards, which also didn't happen. Every day since then I've had to ring plusnet to find out what's happening and I've been told so many contradictory and false things that I'm totally confused and fed up! Each day I've been assured another engineer is coming out (one with a hoist, then "a senior engineer"), which on at least some of the days I know isn't true because one plusnet customer service agent told me they hadn't been coming out because of engineer unavailability in my area. I was even told once that the issue was fixed and I just needed to reset my router password, despite still not even having a dial tone!  That person also said that they were unable to stay on the phone with me any longer while I attempted to change the password and that I'd have to ring customer services again if it didn't work (which of course it didn't)!

The last thing I was told (on 21/12/19) was that an engineer was definitely coming out on 23/12/19, but it's still not fixed. It's looking like we're going to be without internet all over Christmas, which for us means no TV and no work for all this time! We're apparently a priority case, whatever that means? It certainly doesn't seem to mean a faster or better service! I think Plusnet have only rung me once, all the other times I hear nothing and have to phone customer services to find out what's going on and even then I seem to get a totally different story each time depending on who I speak to.

I appreciate it's Openreach that need to fix it, but my contract is with Plusnet and the relaying of information between the two seems to be abysmal. Either that or Plusnet staff aren't trained to read the notes from openreach properly!

We rely on our internet connection for work and for TV. I've had to buy extra mobile phone data and we're paying for various steaming services that we haven't been able to use - will we be compensated for this, in addition to our line rental and broadband fees over this period?

I don't know what else to do? I'm considering leaving Plusnet (I already know I can get a cheaper deal elsewhere anyway, which Plusnet only get close to for new customers because apparently customer loyalty doesn't mean much to them) but I know I'll be taking the line fault with me. Maybe another provider would liaise better with Openreach though and get this sorted quicker for us? I appreciate it hasn't been that long compared to other people's issues I've read on here, but when you need it for work and TV and it's Christmas it's more than just a nuisance and coupled with the terrible communication from Plusnet I've just had enough. It's not a great time of year to be stuck on the phone to customer services every day! Sad

6 REPLIES 6
SeriouslyFedUp

Re: Ongoing fault and terrible service

I've now been told they haven't actually had a hoist all this time, so the multiple times I've been told engineers are coming out each day with a hoist is just nonsense. Plusnet are saying an engineer's booked for the 30th now, although that's not guaranteed.
It looks like my kids won't be using their Christmas presents for a long while after Christmas day then and no Christmas movies for them either. Nice!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

I'm really sorry to learn of the poor support you've been given and for the ongoing delays in getting this fixed. 

Having read through the notes the issue seems to be with the availability of a hoist. 

At this stage we'll need to see how things go on the 30th however I'm taking ownership of chasing this, keeping the pressure on Openreach and updating you going forward so I will raise this as a matter of complaint with them if there's no progress on Monday. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
SeriouslyFedUp

Thanks so much for picking this up. Still no dial tone, so I assume there won't be any progress with it today after all... not that I expected there would be really Sad
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @SeriouslyFedUp,

I can see this was assigned to an engineer yesterday to complete some work, have you got a dial tone today?

Thanks.

SeriouslyFedUp

No, still no dial tone and no communication again about whether or not an engineer actually came out and what the situation is. So sick of this!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

I'm really sorry to see that the fault is still ongoing. We've checked for further updates today and an engineer is due to be assigned tomorrow. 

I expect some more positive news then for you so I'll be checking for further updates then. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team