Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing Fibre Issue #62191953

Timbob
Grafter

Ongoing Fibre Issue #62191953

Ticket ID: #62191953
Hellooo PN forums. Smiley So I've been having these problems with fibre to some extent or another ever since it got installed. A quick rundown of events would be that for roughly the first week the fibre was amazing, then suddenly it started becoming somewhat unstable, with speeds going up and down all the way to 7mbps, and the internet performing really sluggishly in general. So PN advised me to do some testing with the pc connected to the BT modem, which I did, and this didn't really resolve the issue, although immediately after restarting the router, and hooking back up to it, I did notice a brief return to normal service.
Fast forward to now and I'm just getting the same really sluggish performance. It definitely doesn't feel like I'm on fibre, basically. PlusNet tells me that everything at their end shows up as working normally, but at this end it's a different story. If I run speedtest.net, I'll see the needle shoot up to 70, then at around halfway through the test it just grinds to a halt and slowly works it's way down to 7mbps or less (upstream seems generally okay, though). Sometimes, the test runs okay, but more often than not it's this same problem. Streaming content and VoiP communication is choppy and it's just really frustrating to have had the fibre fitted and have it work so well to start with, then just go to pieces.
Obviously it's not an issue at the exchange, so there's either something going on at the property or on the line immediately outside the house. I can't really see where the issue is occuring so perhaps an engineer visit is in order?
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Ongoing Fibre Issue #62191953

Hi there,
Sorry to see you posting a few weeks on from when we last spoke that you're still having problems with your connection.
I'd agree that an engineer visit would be a good way forward. Just let us know 3 slots next week (mon fri 8-1 or 1-6) when you can be available.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Timbob
Grafter

Hey. Thanks for the quick reply.
Next week is pretty good in terms of available slots. Preferably between 1-6 Mon-Wed. Cheers. Smiley
Timbob
Grafter

Interestingly enough. I just attempted to test via a PPoE connection through the BT modem, and it wouldn't even let me do that, just kept giving me an error code. The last time I tried that it worked fine. 😕