cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One week in

mp3bbb

One week in

Just over one week in to Plusnet Broadband Unlimited and not looking good  Sad
Down 5mbps to 8, line supports 13-17 which is what I was getting on Sky Broadband.
Only moved because of costs (which they reduced a week later) could be a shortlived ISP for me  Undecided
9 REPLIES 9
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: One week in

Hi and welcome,
I'm sure we can sort things for you. I'm doing a line test now to see what the situation is.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Well, I've done a full line test for you and can't see any particular faults. However, I do see your line should get top speed as you appear to be fairly close to the exchange.
I appreciate it worked previously, but I need to ask you to do the usual tests (see below) as I want to see how your line stats change. If problems persists, we can raise the issue to our supplier and have them look into it for you.
Please see this link for details of doing these tests. If you can post your results from your router too once it's in the test socket, it will help us to identify the problem and see of any changes/improvements.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
mp3bbb

There is no master socket, just a Jack Socket 95A or similar
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Thank for confirmation.
I've reset your line for you, this should take about 30 minutes or so. I'd be interested to see your sync speed/SNR after this has been done.
Tony
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

You're syncing at 15.2Mbit. I've set our profile to 15Mbit in readiness of the bRAS changing. If you want to disconnect and reconnect (but don't reboot the router) you may see the new speeds now.
Tony
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
mp3bbb

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Is that via ethernet or wireless?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mp3bbb

ethernet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Hi,
Welcome to the forums.
Can you please father the following information (as described in the speed issues thread at the top of this forum)...
Full DSL router stats - including error counts
BT wholesale speed test - further diagnostics - results
The 'current speed' from the PN user portal.
Is there noise on the phone line?  Dial 17070 option 2.
How is the router connected to the phone wicket?  Is there just one phone socket?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.