cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once again my speed has crapped out.

gnicholson8
Grafter

Once again my speed has crapped out.

This is seriously getting frustrating. I barely got a couple of months without issue.
When I signed up the line test was estimated a speed of 78-79Mbps.
When I got connected I got this. it was even stable and worked perfectly (for a few months) Then when a line fault occured and some parts in the cabinet was replaced it dropped down to 50/60Mbps I complainted and it got raised to 70 but apparently that is the best/most stable it can be.
Well I call bull, and considering I am only a few meters from the cabinet I definitely call bull. but I lived with it.
Since then my sync speed as been dropping and dropping. now I am down to 64Mbps. I know it's a respectible speed but when I know I can get better it feels a bit bullshitty that I am paying for a faster service I am not receiving.
9 REPLIES 9
gnicholson8
Grafter

Re: Once again my speed has crapped out.

so I am guessing the Plus.net support staff don't have an abundance of brain cells...
Apparently. a slow sync speed (between my Fibre modem and the cabinet could be my router and I have to connect via PPPOE directly instead of going via the router. 😕 REALLY.......

Only 20-30Mbps less than I should receive.... oh and apparently disconnecting with fibre 3 times in the last couple of days "is NOT an issue" 😕

Where do you employ these people? the middle ages.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi gnicholson8,
Really sorry to hear of the issues you're experiencing with the FTTC service.
I can confirm that our Faults team have booked an engineer to attend 17/06/2014 between 8AM and 1PM. Our Faults team will continue to monitor this on Ticket: 87047976
gnicholson8
Grafter

Once again..... still not resolved.
engineer came out and fixed the line fault on Tuesday.
engineer came out today to "reset" the fibre this end (as it hadn't been reset on Tuesday).
Still slow speed turns out PN hasn't reset the speed profile there end.... up to 72 hour wait now 😕
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Some times one of the DCT work a weekend so they may see this and change the PN profile for you, if not it will be Monday, or you can phone and they can do it there and then but there could be the 30 min+  wait on the phone to contend with, your call as to which way you want to go. 
gnicholson8
Grafter

Quote from: Terranova667
Some times one of the DCT work a weekend so they may see this and change the PN profile for you, if not it will be Monday, or you can phone and they can do it there and then but there could be the 30 min+  wait on the phone to contend with, your call as to which way you want to go. 

Profile has been changed on my PN profile, but BT still need to become aware to match it there end.
Terranova667
Pro

If it's the BTW IP profile then sadly that is done automatic via DLM which i'm afraid  is a long long  waiting game,  I myself had a fault that was recently fixed and so far it's been almost 1 week and i have gained 1Mb back with just another 6Mb increase in profile to go to be where i was before the fault, at this rate it could be 6 weeks unless DLM chooses to do a big leap which at the moment it doesn't seem likely to increase by another 1Mb never mind the 6Mb needed, welcome to the wonderful world of fibre under DLM control.
gnicholson8
Grafter

According to the BT engineer on Fibre the DLM does not reset after a fault, it has to be reset manually. Which he did at the exchange, but the speed profile this side hadn't been reset, I was told today it'll take up to 72hours.
gnicholson8
Grafter

Okay, hard reset and I am back up to 73
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm glad that's been sorted out for you.